This weekends find - need a little help

Z

zenith82

This weekend's find - need a little help

Hello,

I've been reading the board here for quite some time, but this is my first post. I found this on Saturday in front of a building that housed a college dormitory from 1895 to about 1915. It looks like something matches may have been kept in, but I can't say for sure. I also found a few wheats (1918 to 1945) around the building but not much else. Any help anyone can give me on dating it or if anyone knows anything about the company or product, it will be greatly appreciated. I did some online research, but have found very little and I do not have access to any collectibles books in my area.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+

Well, as I drinker of "Wild Turkey", I can tell you that Austin, Nichols, and Company produce my favorite whiskey! They are located in Lawrenceburg, KY now. Don't know when they were in New York, or even for sure if this is the same company. Here is a link to the site:

http://www.wildturkeybourbon.com/home.asp

Good Luck! Very cool find, nonetheless!

Attachments

• rf40.jpg
    rf40.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Z

zenith82

Thanks...

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if my guess about it being used to hold matches is right?

Thanks,

Tom

D

Darla

It is possibly a cigar tin, I have some similar tins that were used to hold cigars. If you have access to the site you may want to hit it again, I bet you their is still more there.

Attachments

• CM170223-17520504.jpg
    CM170223-17520504.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Z

zenith82

went there again

I went there again and gave the whole area a thorough searching. Not much else to be found. Just some clads, memorials, and a 1940 Wheatie. It was worth a shot though.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions