This weekends finds.

P

PrizmIV

Hi, I'm back from the lake. I found some neat state park beaches to hunt on the lake. They had to much trash so I was looking for some other places to hunt on the boat. My uncle said he had a spot when I was very little that he went to with my parents to go arrowhead hunting and there were handfulls of arrowheads so I was game. It was a small gravel, sediment beach. The signals were few and far between. So I put it in all metal mode and found this turn of the century button. I don't have the pics because I left it at the lake house but I found a similar pic on the internet. He told me that the lake was man made in the early 1900s which I already knew. although there was a deep river originally in the middle (now the channel for large commercial boats) were they had the crude boats and the horses would pull them across the rivers from the banks. This was one of the major parts of the Tennessee river back then where they hauled slaves, cotton etc. There is also a Island, Mountain where Andrew Jackson carved his name in during the civil war. It is very rough terrain but i will attempt in a few weekends to try to MD although I don't think it will be possible. But, I know for sure it hasn't been hunted before! P.S. If any one needs around 6lbs of lead, I dug that up in fishing weights! :)

Attachments

• button12.JPG
    button12.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Sounds like you had a good day Prizm,I found a button just like yours last summer at an old Rail Depot,Someone just posted one a few weeks back.Found mine in East TN.Love that old Hickory,Sounds like a good hunt you have planed,Good luck and look forward to some pics.HH

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Did you get in any fishing while you were there? Those spots with a lot of trash also mean a lot of human activity, therefore, there is almost certainly something good in there! I learned sunday how valuable that advice is when I found my button! It was in an area full of trash and construction debris! Great finds! sounds like it was a great day! Congrats! HH omnicognic 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread