This Weekends Really Old-ies

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
This Weekend's Really Old-ies

Here are the pics from Friday and Saturday's digs. LC and seated Half Dime. Not pictured are the two IH, V Nickel, wheaties, and the 4 lbs. of trash that came with them. Tried my luck on Sunday, but the cold I was coming down with and now have kept me from swinging. Starting to feel better and am waiting for a little rain to soften up the dirt before swinging at this place some more.

HH.

Attachments

• IMG_4084.jpg
    IMG_4084.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4086.jpg
    IMG_4086.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_4087.jpg
    IMG_4087.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4088.jpg
    IMG_4088.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 248

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This Weekend's Really Old-ies

Nice group of old-ies you dug Dan. That spot must have been alot of fun with the other guys there
pull'in oldies also. Great find!! We need some rain for sure and by then you should be feeling better.
WTG

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet!!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those were just as sweet seeing them in person the other day :thumbsup:
I wasn't sure if I was going to find anything out there after hours of digging Mem's & trash.

Finding ANY one of those would make anyone's year for sure. . . that was definitely a sweet place to hunt :wink:

Congrat's again. . . so, on to the next spot :icon_pirat:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet digs! congrats on your 2nd LC for the year! Wonder when I'll find my first. Can't believe how many LC's came out of that place. I heard there was some diggin going on down there :icon_pirat:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Superb goodies, super congrats Dan.
Kinda thought you weren't looking too good when you were holding that half-dime. It was a crazed, suddenly shaken-look. Kinda like I might have had if I'd found it though...

Too bad we can't get the full count of all the awesome finds from that spot from those other guys/gal that were there also.

Great hunt!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lowbatts said:
Kinda thought you weren't looking too good when you were holding that half-dime. It was a crazed, suddenly shaken-look. Kinda like I might have had if I'd found it though...

Too bad we can't get the full count of all the awesome finds from that spot from those other guys/gal that were there also.

Great hunt!

No kidding! I heard that they found a handfull of goodies there too! Including 3 LC's, 7 silvers and another 3-center. :o

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Lookn4seated said:
Lowbatts said:

Great hunt!

No kidding! I heard that they found a handfull of goodies there too! Including 3 LC's, 7 silvers and another 3-center. :o

I know I saw a script coin in Chester's hand, an 1863, along with a hanger bar! His wife found the other 3-center and what I thought was real cool, a musket ball fresh-dropped from the mold.v Can't wait to see Mark's digs get posted!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lowbatts said:
Lookn4seated said:
Lowbatts said:

Great hunt!

I know I saw a script coin in Chester's hand, an 1863, along with a hanger bar! His wife found the other 3-center and what I thought was real cool, a musket ball fresh-dropped from the mold.v Can't wait to see Mark's digs get posted!

We can use some rain to loosen some of that up out there. There has to be more stuff out there.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Congratulations, D-Dub. That place sure is fruitful. It's not everyday you find a half-dime. It's only the second one this year from someone I know. Nice largie too!

Joe

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Dan, those finds are outstanding and amazing, why they're out-mazing!!! :o

Congrats on picking up two of the most sought after coins around!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This post is definitely a double-crowner! :icon_king: :icon_king:

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II

Both those coins are in great shape. Great hunt :icon_thumright:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

D-dub,D-dub......Awesome half Dime & Large Cent Brother...Hats off to you

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

congrats on your finds dan, hope your feeling better soon.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lookn4seated said:
Sweet digs! congrats on your 2nd LC for the year! Wonder when I'll find my first. :icon_pirat:

Change you name !!!!!

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac

What a stellar half dime Dan! :hello2: Best seated coin I have seen on the IL fourm this year.

Congratulations on nice looking large cent also!

Cool to so many mid 19th century type coins at one location! Maybe there is a 1850s $1 gold piece still hiding there!

OP
OP
d-dub

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II

Thanks for the comments guys. Just now getting over the cold. I did get out yesterday for a few hours but the heat was brutal. Talked to a worker at the park and he said they had some grading left to do. Not much but they still have a little more dirt to push around. Now that we got a little rain, hopefully it moistened up the soil too. Almost undiggable in some spots. I'll keep an eye on the park and let you guys know if its worth another hunt.

M

MR Senior L4S

Congr. for LC -bring this coin to preserwation . ///// Dn't drink cheep beer and U will feel better .

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That LC is one of the nicest, most well-struck Braided Hair types I have ever seen dug. Congratulations on such a beautiful coin.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread