This weeks 15 boxes, With COLORFUL EASTER BOXES!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, was an alright week, nothing to spectacular, besides the 2 very colorful boxes I recieved... (I think someone started marking the rainbow colors inspired by Eminems thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/343293-official-sprayin-movement.html

I only took pictures of my 2nd colorful box, the first had about as many though... they really slowed up my dump machines lol... they dont like that extra coating on them apparently. The colorful boxes did not produce silver either.

I also found a box that had some coins marked by fellow TNET'er TheMastermind, the box contained 1 lonely 64 kennedy. I returned them to the wild without marking them.

Found some jewelery in the machines again this week, 2 earrings, and a bracelet or necklace which is all knotted up and a charm on it.

Got cut off from 2 other banks, started 2 new branches, and 1 new bank, with hopefully 1 more branch of this new bank, on monday when the lead teller is in.

Totals: (5) 90%, (11) 40%. All 90% are kennedys this week... havent found a walker in over 2 months, but usually always find bens, just not this week. Just barely over 1 piece of silver per box, but had a decent amount of 90% compared to 40%, Ill take it!

A 90% and a 40% were enders in a box, didnt notice the 64 ender until I opened it(very clean coin, didnt notice it, it is the top 64 in the total haul pic) The rest of the box had another 90% , and a 40%. so much for the "law of averages" I have seen people talking about(6-7 silver per ender)... haha

I also included a picture on how to open MWR's with a knife easily, instead of using fingernails or teeth to open them.:laughing7::laughing7:

HH all!

IMG_20130328_135715.jpg IMG_20130329_125755.jpg IMG_20130329_131526.jpg IMG_20130329_131539.jpg IMG_20130329_131553.jpg IMG_20130329_131621.jpg IMG_20130329_173219.jpg

If you will notice, whoever was carried away with that orange spraypaint, they painted a magicians half dollar, and I managed to find it :)

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeeze that paint is simply ridiculous.. What a waste.. Glad to see you had a good week though buddy..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
A box of Skittles! You did better than me this week info! I have sprayed a few coins in the past, but I barely dust them with paint, it is almost un noticable to the normal eye but I can tell when they come back through, spraying it on that heavy and that cheap paint that looks like water color paint is no good, you have to use a good paint that is almost transparent and light, so it is really not very noticable, just my 2 cents. HH, Maverick.

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those colors are crazy! Whoever painted the magician's coin didn't do a sound check!

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really?

I would think you could sell it on ebay for a couple bucks if nothing else...

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll only TAG my recycled halves with the smell of Moosemeat eh.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't keep magicians halves either, they either get tossed back into the box or given to a teller for their kid. I have noticed some coins just sound odd, they look like they were burned or something and usually the coin is warped, are these magicians coins or just burnt coins that changes the tone? I have heard of some that open magicians coins i would like too but not sure exactly how you guys open them, a descriptive version of how would rock, besides put it in a jar or can and shake it. Shake how? Like a rattle back and forth to bump edges or just wild shaking?

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't keep magicians halves either, they either get tossed back into the box or given to a teller for their kid. I have noticed some coins just sound odd, they look like they were burned or something and usually the coin is warped, are these magicians coins or just burnt coins that changes the tone? I have heard of some that open magicians coins i would like too but not sure exactly how you guys open them, a descriptive version of how would rock, besides put it in a jar or can and shake it. Shake how? Like a rattle back and forth to bump edges or just wild shaking?

just bounce it off a table, usually opens pretty easy

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've come across the orange and green ones a lot. A few reds and pinks, but no purples that I can remember. I have over 20 magician's halves now and haven't opened any of them!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

This is how magicians open them:

Bang Ring - Fast Shipping | MagicTricks.com

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I've come across the orange and green ones a lot. A few reds and pinks, but no purples that I can remember. I have over 20 magician's halves now and haven't opened any of them!

You will probably get a British penny or Mexican 20 centavos inside.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I have gotten both penny's and mexican coins inside of mine, mostly pennys though...

Opening them isnt too tricky usually..

This one opened when I found it, I took the roll of halves(after rim checking the roll), then drop them into my hand 1 ontop of another to sound check them, when I did this, it dropped down and broke open... real easy this time :P

Other ways I have gotten them open, find some smooth concrete like a sidewalk, and drop the rim of the coin onto the ground, and it should loosen it up after a couple tries, and either break open, or open enough to get a thin knife blade in to open it. But it might scratch a little also, just a heads up

I too can hear a difference in beat up/burnt coins... Dont really know why, but I do hear a difference, but it still doesnt sound like silver, so they get tossed back

Last edited:

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a PM from another guy that found my marks this week as well. I didn't mark many coins, one roll from each box I searched inside of a week's time; a total of 100 coins.

Not knowing exactly where you are located, Infowarrior, and without divulging exactly where the other guy is located... it seems my marks are moving westward.

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interested in getting rid of the Great Britain penny? I have an old collection of my brothers that I'd like to complete. Just let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread