This weeks creek finds 7/4 - 7/12/2015

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week's creek finds 7/4 - 7/12/2015

I found a few things in one spot of the creek this week- 7 pottery shards, 2 pieces of charcoal (one in the pic) and 2 tiny flakes. I took pics of the flakes individually to show the curve in one and the bulb in the other. Also, I posted a red color rock because I remember a discussion about red rocks. This rock is pink quartz I'm pretty sure and chipped off of a larger one, also I saw tiny plant fossils on it like I see in most the pottery I find. I found two 1930-1940's nail polish bottles and posted them in the bottles section if anyone has input on them. Found a couple of old shoes too but they were missing their mate. All in all an interesting week for creek hunting...thanks for looking! :icon_thumleft:
WP_20150712_001.jpg WP_20150712_003.jpg WP_20150712_004.jpg WP_20150712_005.jpg WP_20150712_007.jpg WP_20150712_008.jpg

Upvote 0

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Nice variety of finds Peaches! That little white fella at the bottom "might" be a thumbnail scrapper. I hesitate to say it "is" due to repercussion from sceptics. I'm trying to sound smart there but truth is I didn't even know what one was 2 days ago before a forum member informed me I "might" have one too I didn't even know about. The red stone is a keeper too even if it shows no sign of work. Nice site you found.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sherds are keepers but the rest should go into the rock garden. The red rock looks to be cracked from creek tumble and the flakes are just reduction pieces. Nice color on the flakes though should be something nice waiting for you. Now you have to find it.

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for the pics rock :)
Peaches, I would keep most of the flakes from that site. They don't take much room. Put them in a small bag or shoebox. Even if they weren't the finished product they could have had some human element to them & that makes them better than gravel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pics rock :)
Peaches, I would keep most of the flakes from that site. They don't take much room. Put them in a small bag or shoebox. Even if they weren't the finished product they could have had some human element to them & that makes them better than gravel.

Yep I keep all the flakes because I don't find them often and they do have that human element to them, makes them special to me. Hoping to find what was made from them someday.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sherds are keepers but the rest should go into the rock garden. The red rock looks to be cracked from creek tumble and the flakes are just reduction pieces. Nice color on the flakes though should be something nice waiting for you. Now you have to find it.

Yep it's cracked from creek tumble and wasn't really saying it was anything other than what it is. Hope to eventually run across the rest of it due to the color. Not everyday I find a nice cobble of pink quartz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread