this weeks finds

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Only got to do one road trip this week and no boxes. Spent Wednesday in Louisiana doing a mini road trip in the town my wife works in in between helping her out.

Started off the day strong got about a roll and a half of the weirdest 40%s I have ever seen. They were all green tinted. When I opened the first roll I thought they were marked dumps but started finding a bunch of 40%s. all the keepers were green tinted all the way and the rejects had a slit green tint also. I guess it rubbed off. Weird but I'll take the keepers lol.

The rest of the day produced very little except for one Capital One bank. Capital one banks ALWAYS produce for me for some reason. This was no exception. The first teller had none but asked her neighbor and she had $100. YAY! I loaded them in a provided plastic bag and another teller was returning from lunch. She told me she had $300 worth. When she pulled them out I could see the marked rolls but took them anyway. They asked the drive through teller and she had another $60. not a bad haul. The dumps were skunks, but each of the other tellers provided me with keepers, including the days only 90%.

not a bad day for such a few hours searching but next time I'm going prepaired with maps and GPS.

Total Haul was:

47 40%
1 90% (64)
One nice gold plated 1981 counter stamped with 1960 1985
1 NIFC 04P
1 NIFC 05D
2 NIFC 05P

little over 7 ounces. not a bad days fun.

Attachments

• haul.jpg
    haul.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Nice haul and great photos :thumbsup:

I have come across these green tinted ones as well, loose and in a roll.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
nice finds.
hate to tell you this but the only time i ever saw coins that were green they were sitting in the bottom of a urinal ;D i'll get rid of them for ya though :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions