This weeks finds

thepianoman999

Greenie
Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
This week's finds

In this past week I went to a few towns within an hour away from mine. I had some pretty decent success. I found nine 40% halves and as I was walking out of a grocery store with a bank in it, I checked the coinstar machine and found some loose change. I immediately thought of some of the stories I've seen on here and posted elsewhere and checked it for silver. I found a 1960 dime! :D

I wasted tons of gas driving around for silver halves, but it was worth it, either way.

Of notable interest: This is the shiniest silver half I have found yet(the tails side is the best). Alongside is the dime I found in the machine.

Also of notable interest... I often find rolls of halves with both ends taped shut. I also find halves with a red "X" marked on the wrapper. I don't bother with these ones anymore.......(Washington State)

Best of luck.

Attachments

• dime.jpg
    dime.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Re: This week's finds

That half almost looks like a proof. Does it have an S mintmark?

Nice score! I have yet to pull silver out of a Coinstar reject slot, but I keep looking. Have scored some clad junk and foreign a few times...

OP
OP
T

thepianoman999

Greenie
Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

The shiny and pretty half is without a mint mark. It's 1967(my most common silver find) I have no idea how I found that dime... I suppose it's just one of those things... like how I read about a newbie who found 29 FULL ROLLS OF WALKING LIBERTY HALVES......... Makes a silver dime look like nothing. It's best not to get discouraged though... There's plenty of silver for the taking. Keep at it.

I did find a Franklin half one day, in one of those off-the-beaten-path banks. I sold it though, a couple years ago :(.
I found a realllllllly shiny 1964 half, too... sold that one too........ ramble ramble ramble...bla bla bla.........

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Probably the Half is a special mint set

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread