This Weeks Recoveries - Scored a diamond ring!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is a collection of things that I dug at a few early 1900's houses in town.
I'm still detecting at the 1910 house pictured. It has a large backyard and I'm gridding it off to be thorough.
I was excited to dig two WW1 general service eagle buttons. One large and one cuff button.
The large one has a Scovill back mark. Can't make out the back mark on the cuff button.
I hit on a hot spot in the yard yesterday where I belive a clothesline may have been. I dug a vintage aluminum clothes pin and then about 15 wheat pennies parallel to the fence, about 2 feet from the fence. There are still more signals but I had to leave for the day.
This yard has me baffled. The owner said someone detected it a few years ago. I'm finding relics and coins, but not one silver coin! Only a silver earring.
The 1892 IH and 1990 Two Pence were found in this yard too.
The large round "G" emblem is a vintage Masonic Freemason car grill emblem. I saw one in way better shape than mine on Ebay for $125.
I will be making this home owner a relic shadowbox as my way of thanking her.

The other piece of sterling pictured looks to be from a bracelet possibly. That came from another yard where I also dug the worlds smallest lion cookie cutter.

The highlight of my week though was a sterling and diamond ring that I dug at a third house. The diamond looks to be about 1/3 carat and tested positive on my diamond tester. YAHOO!
I know it wasn't the current owners ring because it was at least 6" down in the front yard and she just bought the house about a year ago.

Sorry for the cheesy photos. Been so busy lately I just wanted to get something posted.
Have a great week,
MM

Attachments

• ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 56
  • ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • rel1.jpeg
    rel1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • rel3.jpeg
    rel3.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 32
  • rel4.jpeg
    rel4.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 31
  • rel5.jpeg
    rel5.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 30
  • rel6.jpeg
    rel6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • rel2.jpeg
    rel2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Upvote 17

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great looking ring, and I really like those buttons. What a productive spot. Congrats!

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on an awesome group of finds.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks. Will be headed back over next week to finish gridding the yard.
The owners two small kids were hovering over me this last time so it made it dificult to detect and try to hear what they were saying through my headphones. I told them I would bring my spare detector over next time. I also have an extra pinpointer and digging tools so that should keep them busy for a while. I'll just toss out some crusty Zincoln pennies in an area where I already detected and let them go at it. :tongue3:
Have a productive week,
MM

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is a collection of things that I dug at a few early 1900's houses in town.
I'm still detecting at the 1910 house pictured. It has a large backyard and I'm gridding it off to be thorough.
I was excited to dig two WW1 general service eagle buttons. One large and one cuff button.
The large one has a Scovill back mark. Can't make out the back mark on the cuff button.
I hit on a hot spot in the yard yesterday where I belive a clothesline may have been. I dug a vintage aluminum clothes pin and then about 15 wheat pennies parallel to the fence, about 2 feet from the fence. There are still more signals but I had to leave for the day.
This yard has me baffled. The owner said someone detected it a few years ago. I'm finding relics and coins, but not one silver coin! Only a silver earring.
The 1892 IH and 1990 Two Pence were found in this yard too.
The large round "G" emblem is a vintage Masonic Freemason car grill emblem. I saw one in way better shape than mine on Ebay for $125.
I will be making this home owner a relic shadowbox as my way of thanking her.

The other piece of sterling pictured looks to be from a bracelet possibly. That came from another yard where I also dug the worlds smallest lion cookie cutter.

The highlight of my week though was a sterling and diamond ring that I dug at a third house. The diamond looks to be about 1/3 carat and tested positive on my diamond tester. YAHOO!
I know it wasn't the current owners ring because it was at least 6" down in the front yard and she just bought the house about a year ago.

Sorry for the cheesy photos. Been so busy lately I just wanted to get something posted.
Have a great week,
MM
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread