This weeks relics from my yard and neighbors.

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a very old back yard and it is where I play both day and night. The bad thing is I have holes all over the place.lol My family built a neighborhood in the early twenties and it has a long history of early settlers, indians, civil war and floods of the thirties. I live right near a river that was one of the most important ports on the ohio. The land Goes as far back as the Savage Land Grant so I know there is stuff here. Plus I have all the past down info stored in the house and in my head from my great grandma who is long gone but not forgotten. The house was built for her and finished in 1924 by her father.Pics are just relics from this week. I have found numerous coins mostly silver mercs, 30's 40's---40's quarters and many wheaties dating back to 1919. I have not found any older than that (yet) in my yard but know they are hiding :icon_scratch:. Anyway the car is a tootsie toy 1939 mercedes, fork is 1908 oxford silver plate , early plymouth emblem, lip stick tubes and pompeian cosmetic tube, lead plane, adjustable ring, flat lead piece and bullets, brass gas stove key , I also found a couple cracker jack coins with the 2nd and 13th presidents on them , they say cracker jack club and were from 1933 . I know that this land is very old , past the time period I am finding and I guess I really need the grace of god and a better detector to pull some older stuff from the depths.lol. Wish me luck. Its nice to have a back yard to play in.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120203.JPG
    Snapshot_20120203.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 635
  • Snapshot_20120203_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20120203_1.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 785
Upvote 0

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It amazes me how much silverware you find in yards. :)

OP
OP
hdmech71

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah I know. I am amazed at half the stuff I pull out of this lot. One minute I will pull out an old toy the next a bullet , the next a silverware, Granny did like her flowers, maybe she used her silver as a tiller,lol. She was from a promenet family before the depression.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I like all your finds, especially the old car, spoon and stove key! Even if you don't find older coins soon, maybe you'll accidentally dig up an arrowhead or two along with your metal. You are so lucky that your home and land have been kept in your family ever since the house was built! I also knew my great-grandmother who was born in 1866, so I enjoy many memories of her thoughts and outlook on life. One of my best memories is that she sewed overalls for my mom and her best friend when they were kids, so that those two little girls could climb trees and fences like the boys. She was a great cook too! HH Andi

OP
OP
hdmech71

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually the arrowheads come out of the ground all of the time here, I find them all the time and not the basic kind. I have some pics on another part of this site. Found a dovetail yesterday. I have a box full of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread