This weeks totals 53 boxes

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there was a real mix 4 walkers the oldest 1917 the oldest that i found yet. And five bens. Plus my 3rd 1892 worlds Columbian exposition chicaco half in great shape. Lots of funny money. I still check the penny arcade magnets. Totals were 18 90% and 83 40% My best box had 15 silvers. If box avg does'nt pick up i will have to do more boxes. Still trying to get a year total of 1500 oz

Upvote 0

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1500 oz's ...my god man thats a huge goal but i wouldnt doubt you can do it with the volume your moving...thats what roughly 37k in silver crazy...im up to almost 3 oz's detecting this year ...such small amount compared to the crh's lol

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the 16 and 17 had mint marks on both the obverse and reverse depending on the mint.
Would love to see a pic, that find is not junk silver in the traditional meaning, it is far more valuable.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man, great job! can you snap a photo of the walker and colombian expo half dollar?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I believe the 16 and 17 had mint marks on both the obverse and reverse depending on the mint.
Would love to see a pic, that find is not junk silver in the traditional meaning, it is far more valuable.

The '16 had all mintmarks on the obverse. In '17 they minted some with the mintmark on the obverse before moving the mintmark to the reverse for the remainder of the series. Definitely not junk even in the lowest grade.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1917 half is very worn. The expo is very sharp.The barber is quarter and 4 v nicks If am going to make the 1500 oz i will have to find 38 oz per week. Even doing 100 plus boxes a week its winter its going to be very hard. Am still going to try.I find 13 to 20 oz a week now My total this year is 452 oz.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aim high Tim Zim O rama - All you need are a dozen or two collection dumps, and you will be set.

I am picking up my first double order of boxes from my smallish CU. Haven't gotten a box from them, so I'm excited to see what style they have.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tim, i don't think you'll get 1500 oz of silver unless you hit up the brinks facility for their silver stash room, I hear it is in the east wing of the building on the second floor by the copper sorting area...
HH
Buff

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tim, i don't think you'll get 1500 oz of silver unless you hit up the brinks facility for their silver stash room, I hear it is in the east wing of the building on the second floor by the copper sorting area...
HH
Buff
It will be hard garda doing td is hirting me. When i do the 100 boxes this winter every week if i can i might do better. I will be doing other areas. Some pa and north jersey. Am trying to some more cash now while work is good.I think crh is better in the winter time?? Its all new to me. I have only been doing this about a year.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they've been scoring silver pretty good up in the NY area from what I hear, you know, it's dry around here, for garda boxes at least.
maybe try into the NY area or NW pennsylvania?
by the way, 1.9 silvers per box...
1 90% every 3 boxes, over 1.5 40%ers per box, nice averages!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread