Thomas Beale

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot has been said on this forum about the two Thomas Beale's, Thomas Beale, Sr. and Thomas Beale, Jr.

Jean Laf has taken it upon himself to claim that Thomas Beale, Sr. faked his death and did not die but his son Thomas Beale, Jr. died instead in Sept. 1820. All of this unsubstantiated and unproven. Probate Court Documents and Affidavits by eye-witnesses rule this scenario out. Jean Laf has even put this information on his blog sites and other forums but it is unfounded information. The Probate Court Records and Affidavits tell when they died.

I also found that Thomas Beale, Sr. that was the Recorder of Wills for New Orleans, Jefferson Parish died on September 8, 1820 and his obituary appeared in the Louisiana Gazette on September 11, 1820.

I found that Thomas Beale, Jr. died September 30, 1823 and his obituary is in the Louisiana Gazette on October 3, 1823.

So much for Jean Laf's blogs and forum post claiming Thomas Beale Sr. made off with all the money and Thomas Beale Jr. or another Thomas Beale died in September 1820.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do not know but there is an awful lot of obfuscating the facts?

I also found where that January 2014 came from for the date of Jean Laf's purported time of finding the "KEY" to C1. It came from May 23, 2015 post or Beale Treasure updates on Beale Cipher Archives-Cypher Mysteries. It has the date where it claims that Reverend John L. Piper claims to have "found the key to the Beale Cipher" back in January, 2014 and is working to complete the two decoded pages to a final draft."

So that is where Cryptography got his January 2014 and where I got it from saying that Jean Laf had been working on the final draft for FOUR YEARS since this is January, 2018.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I really do not know but there is an awful lot of obfuscating the facts?

I also found where that January 2014 came from for the date of Jean Laf's purported time of finding the "KEY" to C1. It came from May 23, 2015 post or Beale Treasure updates on Beale Cipher Archives-Cypher Mysteries. It has the date where it claims that Reverend John L. Piper claims to have "found the key to the Beale Cipher" back in January, 2014 and is working to complete the two decoded pages to a final draft."

So that is where Cryptography got his January 2014 and where I got it from saying that Jean Laf had been working on the final draft for FOUR YEARS since this is January, 2018.

Crypto claimed he received an email from Laf with the proof of solve .
Laf did not agree with the Jan. Date when pressed. That date asked about was Crypto's thread title...http:// http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beale-codes/482350-now-someone-has-decoded-beale-papers-jan-2014-a.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoo-boy.....
Guess if someone is making it up , just pick a date ...any date. If nothing proves a given date ,nothing proves nothing happened on that date,and around and around we go.
Almost a true story!

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoo-boy.....
Guess if someone is making it up , just pick a date ...any date. If nothing proves a given date ,nothing proves nothing happened on that date,and around and around we go.
Almost a true story!

That is just it, among the other un-facts that is being thrown out here, salted by Poe's condescension to you all.
If a person truly has a real puzzle solving break through on a topic like BEALE......nobody in their right mind would be sharing it on this forum, facebook or the internet for that matter. Doing that just makes them more of a joke, but the joke is old and tiring now, and is wrecking these threads.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of threads and post are missing from the forum. They must have been deleted by the original poster. I can not find Cryptography's Thread where he said that about the Email or Jan. 2014. I have found these two that may shed some light on this. Screenshot-2018-1-23 THE CRYPTO STAND PAGE 1, PAGE 2 AND PAGE 3 AUTHENTICATED CIPHER PAGE NUMBER.png Screenshot-2018-1-23 WORKING TO A FINAL DRAFT OF DECODED BEALE CIPHER.png

The first post Jean Laf agrees with the timing of Cryptography's Thread of Jan 2014.

The second one there December, 2015 Jean Laf says he has been working on the "KEY' with the cipher codes over the past few years. This is only six months or so after he claimed he came out with the "KEY"

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...eone-has-decoded-beale-papers-jan-2014-a.html

I finally found it the thread started in November so the other treasure location printed it first.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That is just it, among the other un-facts that is being thrown out here, salted by Poe's condescension to you all.
If a person truly has a real puzzle solving break through on a topic like BEALE......nobody in their right mind would be sharing it on this forum, facebook or the internet for that matter. Doing that just makes them more of a joke, but the joke is old and tiring now, and is wrecking these threads.

Web traffic caused by discussion generates hits from those seeking Beale info this direction too , so it is not a total loss. As long as folks sort for facts carefully, and confirm things themselves.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of threads and post are missing from the forum. They must have been deleted by the original poster. I can not find Cryptography's Thread where he said that about the Email or Jan. 2014. I have found these two that may shed some light on this. View attachment 1540564 View attachment 1540565

The first post Jean Laf agrees with the timing of Cryptography's Thread of Jan 2014.

The second one there December, 2015 Jean Laf says he has been working on the "KEY' with the cipher codes over the past few years. This is only six months or so after he claimed he came out with the "KEY"

Crypto's thread title says solved Jan. 2014. Thread was started Nov. 2015.
First thread mentions solve was proved through an email from Laf to Crypto. Don't know how to capture a screen shot to add it http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beale-codes/482350-now-someone-has-decoded-beale-papers-jan-2014-a.html to the others for comparison.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot has been said on this forum about the two Thomas Beale's, Thomas Beale, Sr. and Thomas Beale, Jr.

Jean Laf has taken it upon himself to claim that Thomas Beale, Sr. faked his death and did not die but his son Thomas Beale, Jr. died instead in Sept. 1820. All of this unsubstantiated and unproven. Probate Court Documents and Affidavits by eye-witnesses rule this scenario out. Jean Laf has even put this information on his blog sites and other forums but it is unfounded information. The Probate Court Records and Affidavits tell when they died.

I also found that Thomas Beale, Sr. that was the Recorder of Wills for New Orleans, Jefferson Parish died on September 8, 1820 and his obituary appeared in the Louisiana Gazette on September 11, 1820.

I found that Thomas Beale, Jr. died September 30, 1823 and his obituary is in the Louisiana Gazette on October 3, 1823.

So much for Jean Laf's blogs and forum post claiming Thomas Beale Sr. made off with all the money and Thomas Beale Jr. or another Thomas Beale died in September 1820.
The character name in Ward's 1885 copyrighted BEALE PAPERS is Thomas J Beale.
While Ward's grandfather, James Beverly Risqué did fight a duel with Thomas Beale Sr concerning a matter over Julia Hancock, he is not the Beale character in the job print pamphlet.
While many references to events and locations of members of the Risqué extended bloodline influence can be found throughout the Beale narrative text, NONE of the events in the Beale story itself have ever been proven to have actually happened.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was not the purpose of my quote. I am quite aware that he is not the TJB of the Job Print Pamphlet. That was the whole purpose of my post and thread.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
char·ac·ter as·sas·si·na·tion
ˈker(ə)ktər əˌsasnˈāSHən/
noun
the malicious and unjustified harming of a person's good reputation.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That goes both ways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread