Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Reached a conclusion, already; see THOMAS "J" BEALE "Thread"...

Last edited:
O

Old Silver

Reached a conclusion, already...

The only thing is, I've never known anyone to ever use the "J" of junior as an initial. Also, I've never known anyone to have ever used the suffix "JR" before their last name. Of course, I could be wrong. I'd be interested in finding where this has been done.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The only thing is, I've never known anyone to ever use the "J" of junior as an initial. Also, I've never known anyone to have ever used the suffix "JR" before their last name. Of course, I could be wrong. I'd be interested in finding where this has been done.

MAY have been a style; It is Thomas, Jr., son of Thomas Beale, Sr. Can YOU come up with an "alternative" for "J"...?

Last edited:
O

Old Silver

MAY have been a style; It is Thomas, Jr., son of Thomas Beale, Sr. Can YOU come up with an "alternative" for "J"...?

If Beale actually used the initial "J" in his name, then the "alternative" seems pretty clear. Either that was an intial of his middle name, or possibly something to throw people off his trail, in case they tried to find out who he was. Who knows.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If Beale actually used the initial "J" in his name, then the "alternative" seems pretty clear. Either that was an intial of his middle name, or possibly something to throw people off his trail, in case they tried to find out who he was. Who knows.

NEVER found a middle name for either; simply Thomas, Jr. (Sr.'s first born son...).

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FINAL words... Thomas Beale, Sr. - YOD, 1820; Thomas Beale, Jr. - YOD, 1823; BOTH: New Orleans, La.; from Richard/Brad - about Thomas Beale, Sr./Jr... "his ONLY contribution to the treasure legend has been the use of HIS NAME..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread