Thomas J. Beall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The code of 1808 also states that probate court is only 1 day in the month and no more. At the time of 8,000 people dying in Orleans Parish you are right it would take years to get to the probate from the time of death. Is that document from Tulane or LSU you have here?

That is a good reason why it took so long to get to the probate after Jr died in 1820 .

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SUPREME COURT case, I have this and the words are that the family stated Captain Thomas there father died not the court .

The FACTS connected with this CONTROVERSY APPEAR TO BE, THAT .......

That is all the court said about the supposed death . The same thing that if I said, Obama died in 1820 in a court today !
"Family stated"... UNDER OATH!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me that "all" of the information being posted pretty much supports that Sr. died in/around 1820 and Jr. in/around 23. Pretty much what has always been accepted as the general dates of death.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that "all" of the information being posted pretty much supports that Sr. died in/around 1820 and Jr. in/around 23. Pretty much what has always been accepted as the general dates of death.

Acculy you are wrong about that . There is only one death in Orleans Parish and it is Jr not Sr, but sometimes the truth gets in the way of what you are talking about at the time eh ?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
In New Orleans at the time of 1819 a ******* son was not able to have an inheritance, but thru a sale in fact can have a contract with with his ******* son . But if that contract was considered a transfer of property and not a sale it could be a problem . The problem with the whole transfer was that it was moved to a minor in 1819 with the stipulation of being in Sr's name until that time when Jr became of age at that time only would the property transfer into his name .

!820 Jr died and in 1823 the probate began . Jr's Mother and Step Mother talked and came to the understanding that there was no chance of the Mother getting the property of the son .

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Acculy you are wrong about that . There is only one death in Orleans Parish and it is Jr not Sr, but sometimes the truth gets in the way of what you are talking about at the time eh ?
Show yer "proof", so WE can see...

Last edited:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
S
Show yer "proof", so WE can see...

canvas.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions