Those Sweet Tellers

MisterCrabApples

May 23, 2007
Hello all,

I have been CRHin for maybe a month now and have been in 50ish banks or so. I have run across some super nice tellers and some rude, lazy ones as well. I would like to do something nice to show appreciation to the tellers I feel are super nice (truely helping me, ordering boxes, calling other branches to see if they have any, etc). My question is...

How do you go about this? What is a too much? Would you have to buy something for all the tellers (lunch, candy, flowers,etc)? Any ideas or what You have personally done would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Morning - donuts are good.
Later - I pick up a bag of Kisses or mini-Snickers, etc.
At one dump bank I do a contest with the coin counter - closest guess to the number on the cashout ticket without going over gets to keep the tray rejects - they love it.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
At my main bank I got all the tellers boxes of chocolates. They couldn't believe it. Now they humor me a little more doing my CRH stuff. ;D

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I typically stick to smiles and good humor, but the day I found two rolls of nothing but old wheats and Indian Head pennies---all keepers and really rare---I bought the tellers gift cards to the next-door book store. The bank is small, and they only have three tellers, and coincidentally all three tellers searched for rolls when I asked, so I got each one a gift card---that eliminated the problem of making the others feel left out. I spent quite a bit on them, but it wasn't as much as the total amount the coins are worth. They were very surprised and delighted when I gave them their reward, and since then, they've been especially helpful with my searches.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was bringing breakfeast burritos to my main dump bank. The tellers loved them.

I now have a different setup for my dumps & the girl in charge is just a doll that has two young kids that collect wheat pennies, so I gave her a couple of 64 halves to give to them one day...another day brought her a couple of wheat's to give them. She in turn has allowed my to get all of the halves I want from this bank even though I don't have an account there. She also held 40 Ike's for me the other day.

I also try to be as polite & respectful as can be....the ones I deal with regularly, get to know them personally, family, kids....first name basis so to speak.

The point in all of this is a little sugar could go a long way. Good luck.

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drop in about 11 a.m. with 2 giant pizzas from CiCi's - costs me about $15 each time but has paid for itself many times over!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread