deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little over a week ago before we started hitting our new Colonial site and all this cold weather moved in. We were hitting an old farmhouse yard. Depending where we were here some ground was good to dig and other spots frozen.
I found my last merc, a 1939 here this day. We were finding a few wheats when I got a good high silver hit.

I flipped a plug and this is what I saw laying in the bottom of the hole.

image.jpg1_zps2z739ar9.jpg

I called the kid over telling him I was done for the day thinking I had something really good.He thought I was just messing with him but, finally came over. He thought I had silver too when he saw it laying in the hole.

After pulling out my so called big silver, turned out to be an old coke top. I never saw one before but, says coke across the top? Wow....

image.jpg2_zpsfss0vtck.jpg

Upvote 9
OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT, won't stop him! It might encourage him to do it more. Every time you start to rub it in his face. ;)

I don't rub it in his face and he doesn't get on here so I'm good for now. lol

I do believe in what goes around comes around so I better shut up. lol

It really doesn't matter. When he starts he'll blow past me like he did last year. New Year's Day we were out and he started the new year off by finding a gold ring??

Did you hear the story how he took away my best chance at finding gold last year?
We were out together hunting a yard local. He said he was quitting for the day so took off home. He no sooner got home and my batteries went dead. I texted him to run some up to the yard where I was.
With new batteries I was gridding the yard back and forth. Every time I would dig a plug he'd pick my detector up and continue my grid pattern. I told him a half dozen times if he wanted to detect to go back home and get his detector.
He kept saying he didn't wanna detect yet kept picking up my detector while I was digging a hole.
You guessed it, he found a class ring on my line 3" from where I was digging a hole.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't rub it in his face and he doesn't get on here so I'm good for now. lol

I do believe in what goes around comes around so I better shut up. lol

It really doesn't matter. When he starts he'll blow past me like he did last year. New Year's Day we were out and he started the new year off by finding a gold ring??

Did you hear the story how he took away my best chance at finding gold last year?
We were out together hunting a yard local. He said he was quitting for the day so took off home. He no sooner got home and my batteries went dead. I texted him to run some up to the yard where I was.
With new batteries I was gridding the yard back and forth. Every time I would dig a plug he'd pick my detector up and continue my grid pattern. I told him a half dozen times if he wanted to detect to go back home and get his detector.
He kept saying he didn't wanna detect yet kept picking up my detector while I was digging a hole.
You guessed it, he found a class ring on my line 3" from where I was digging a hole.

Aw, admit it! You'd have just missed that completely. ;)

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll admit I've walked past stuff before, not this day. My hot year so far and he's slow start all goes back to that day, Karma. Lol

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was nasty...sure looked like a silver coin.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heart-breaker for sure! I hate when that happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread