Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found what I thought was a gold honker, 2 weeks ago, turned out to be .925 plated silver http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/643976-thought-i-had-my-simplex-paid-off.html

Did better last week, found 3 rings including a legit gold http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/644425-trifecta-beach.html

This week, I thought this was a 1 looker, finally found what kept luring me back to the beach [which is a 70 round trip and a 3 miles walk to get there for me] Looked completely legit on the beach dunno, maybe my eyes are going. But the next couple hours I was there, the only debate in my mind was if it was 14k or 18. [Looking at the high res pics you can spot the flaws right away, guess my eyes aren't high res]
I usually wait until I get home until I put finds under the scope, this time I broke out my loupe right in the truck and was immediately disappointed. Hallmark was not where I expected it to be, thought hmm ok must be on the other end. As I ran the bracelet under magnification, didn't like what I saw. Signs of corrosion then when I got to the end, it was all too clear clear it was plated.

So ended up with a busted heart and bruised butt again, this time even worse than last, at least the honker was silver. Got skunked, but not for lack of effort, this thing could have been and should have been legit, must have been a recent drop or it would have been far more corroded if it was sitting there for years.
To me, looking on the + side it shows stuff is still out there, missed it 2 weeks in a row [and had a buddy with me last time]

Attachments

• IMG_5958.jpg
    IMG_5958.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upvote 9

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Keep at it!!! It'll happen when You least expect it:)

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats the problem, I was least expecting it today !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread