Thought Id get in on some of the action!

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought I'd get in on some of the action!

Man, things have been real slow and skunky for me recently. My last 11 boxes of Halves have been skunks, dimes haven't been good, a war nickel here and there and a few wheats. Things have been tough, and I've been getting a little discouraged, but reading everyone's great finds on here keep me going. Today my luck changed a little...

I was out working in an area I haven't been in quite a while and knew there was a bank nearby so I go in and ask for halves or large dollars. The teller I ask says she has some and starts digging around in her safe, the teller next to her says "I have some too". She pulls out 3 rolls and puts them on the counter. I notice one roll has a 68 on it...I quickly hand her $30 and grab the rolls while the other teller is pulling her stash out. She's got $100 but says "someone's already gone through these, do you still want them?" Of course I say yes and they give me a bag to carry them out.

I get out to the car and look at the first 3 rolls, I see 2 that say 68-D and another 69-D - 19, 68-D - 1. Sure enough 3 solid rolls! The other $100 were skunks as expected, but boy hitting a score like this evens out all the miserable skunks and then some. I guess all these CWR scores we keep seeing translate into more skunk boxes as the silver isn't even making it out of the bank to the suppliers.

enjoy the pics....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice bblair. Like that you took a pic of the wrappers to. When I see writing on the wrappers, it's usually something stupid like 1972 or bicentennial.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to go! That's enough to brighten your day right there! Nice score bblair! :) HH,Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread