Thought this Site Might be Interesting

Sep 22, 2007
http://www.brian894x4.com/INSEARCHOFHISTORY.html

Some neat pics and info on many diff types of sites. I ran across this site while doing some online reseach and thought you might find it useful, cool stuff.

FYI, Did a bike trip out to Glass Butte, near Riley OR, expected to camp in an old prospectors cabin that I had stayed in before. Found it in 2004 with a note on the table that said this cabin had been owned by some guy who was now quite old, the note was from the daughter who asked that we not destroy the place and perhaps fix something. A log book was on the table too, the place was seldom used. But the oldtimers clothes, shoes etc where all still in the closets and drawers, and his books including a huge stack of mining journals dated from the 50-60's. At the time I took about 20 of them and felt quite guilty, but others had been using them/burning them in the functioning wood stove. Glad I kept them now.
I hadnt been back since 2004 and found out the BLM had dozed the place clean, along with considerable amount of other mining buildings. I took pics back in 2004 and will have to dig them out. Always thought it was a strange find since the front part of Glass Butte is Volcanic with huge Obsidian flows, while a few miles south the terrain is smattered with diff soils and rocks, and gold apparently. Few pics from this trip
Good Hunting -

Attachments

• Xmas Valley Ride 9.jpg
    Xmas Valley Ride 9.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 357

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread