Thoughts after my first day with the Lesche Digger..

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Lesche digging tool came in the mail today, so I went to my local park to give it a try. The very first thing I noticed is that the blade flexed right away. I don't mean it bent or anything, but I'm used to my cheap shovel that was extremely stiff and didn't bend one bit. I'm not even saying it was a bad thing though.

Anyway here is what I noticed coming from a "regular" garden shovel:

- It tears right through roots with little effort.
- It's much easier to pluck up shallow coins without damaging the grass much.
- It's much easier to plunge through grass. The serrated edge makes it easy to saw your plug instead of poking in a circle.
- I can dig a deeper hole faster.
- I can't pull out as much dirt at a time because the shovel is not as wide. I also drop a lot back in the hole.
- If I dig a narrow plug, it's hard to open it up at the bottom because of the wide hilt.
- There is a lot more prying power because of the offset blade.
- It's really nice have a sheath.
- Dirt doesn't really stick to it.

Overall I am happy that I decided to splurge for it. It seems to be a really sturdy tool and does it's job much better than a normal garden shovel!

Edit: As some people have pointed out, it's doubtful that the blade actually flexed. It only happened to me on my first hole, and I'm pretty convinced now that I was probably just holding it funny before I got used to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you like your Lesche, i love mine also. I have never had mine flex though, ever, it seems very rigid. HH

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Garrett version because I've seen videos of ppl using the lesche blade and the edges and tip are worn down like they'd dug a tunnel with it. Made me think the metal isn't good quality especially for the price. The Garrett is beefy but the teeth and straight edge weren't sharp enough in my opinion so I sharpened it and I can cut my way through most types of soil easily. I still use my own homemade mini shovels too. Its whatever that floats your boat. I think lesche asks too much for the product.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picture 29.jpg Hi mr helton
The Lesche tools are very good and should not flex but it`s covered for life.
I used to sell them in the 90s and still use a big Lesche in the woods and fields 20 years on it and still like new kinds of.
But i used to sell Treasure Wise Tool too inches" etched on back very heavy stainless steel and they are every bit as good as the Lesche
Most of the dealers on here east third of the country deal with the same Outfit i did and can get Treasure Wise Tool for around 12-15 bucks for the T14= 14 " of raw power you just can`t beat the Treasure Wise Brand also covered for life...could be a great back up for your Lesche but not for long ...just my 2 Cent piece.
Gary

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's no way you flexed the blade unless you backed a car over it! Maybe the rubber handle felt like it was flexing.

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no way you flexed the blade unless you backed a car over it! Maybe the rubber handle felt like it was flexing.

It's definitely possible that I something else happened and I just thought it flexed. I only noticed it on the first hole so maybe didn't have a feel for the grip yet or something.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh I have flexed the blade flipping out a chert rock. No damage and blade retained original shape. Of course I am rough and snap shovels all the time. Great tool. But will it flex? Enough force and anything will.
I love my digger,Lol. Would like to have his shovel too.

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Garrett digger with the "kit" that came with my AT Pro and really like it. It's beefy and digs well however the sheath is coming apart. That might be from my rough use when I'm focused on digging.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine flexes, better to flex than to get "bent" or break ! Love the Lesche, all my other trowels are good for getting "bent" or if they don't get bent they kill your wrist.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great review! I find it difficult to believe that the tool flexed enough to be perceptible unless you put a lot of weight on it.

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great review! I find it difficult to believe that the tool flexed enough to be perceptible unless you put a lot of weight on it.

Well like I said above, it only happened on my very first hole, so I might have just been holding it weird the first time and thought it flexed.

Edit: I just tested it on my bedroom floor. You are definitely right, the blade does not flex. What I felt was the rubber on the very end of the handle. The steel only goes so far, and I felt the very tip moving a little and mistook it for blade flex.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I said I was prying with using it for leverage. :dontknow: I imagine I applied a lot of weight/strength when it flexed. I backed off. I work with tools and know when they are ready to give. This was not the little dig on the grassy knoll. Good tool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread