thoughts on new gold bug

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok-here it goes ---I am seriously considering buying the new gold bug.I don't want the cabelas version ,as steve stated wait till dealers got there's as it might have software upgrades.(he seems to know what he is talking about,and is very well respected)the new one should be closer to the gb1 as far as operating frequency 19-and should have better depth.the gb2 has a lot higher frequency (better on small gold )but lacks the depth that the 1 had,plus the 2 had a harder time in highly mineralized soil.the new one should be the best of both worlds with better ground balance (ground grab-is the new term).And for the price $499 I believe this would be a big bag for the buck.As this is about the max on my budget.Hopefully they should be out to dealers this month.What do you think?Would this be a safe bet?Or should I consider another ?This will be mainly a nuggett shooter but would be nice for coin ,silver ,jewelry as well.Please bear in mind I am in the N.W. Ga. area (highly mineralized)and most nuggetts would be probably smaller .I plan on using to check bedrock ,river bank,tailing piles,and hard rock.Side note ----------------I can't smell it as good as takoda :laughing7: so I have to cheat just a little :wink: but really want some in hard rock for a specimen or 2.This would help in finding the good cracks in bedrock,and maybe give me an edge.Please feel free to add any thoughts or suggestions as I will weigh them heavily.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p.s.i got to quit leaving so much for takoda!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow: err on the side of caution--there are 1,000's with goldstrike/coinstrike that would love to beat them to death on a tree. New units are QUIRKY to say the least and ifn' ya can't trust Steve??? who can ya trust???John

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm chomping at the bits.kelly co said there were differences also.they still don't know when they will get them.hope they check out ---hopefully no bugs in the system.i haven't ordered one,can't do the pre-pay reserve one (don't make sense).but as soon as ,if they check out.i'll be on it.i've been needing one (nuggett shooter)for a while.and FINALLY got the wifes approval :occasion14: :blob1:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: sounds like the biggest hurdle has been jumped and heres the homestretch-----no returns now----tons a au 2 u 2 -John :notworthy:

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your right john the biggest hurdle was convincing my wife, ;D.but i do have to make this count---i wish i could afford a more expensive make and model,but i can't.so i'm caught between a used (?)or the new gold bug or something for about $500.can't wait to hear steve's review.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TAKODA said:
strickman said:
p.s.i got to quit leaving so much for takoda!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Now you don't mean that . ;D your right t,i'll always leave you plenty :wink: ,just not quite as much as before!

XT18000

May 26, 2008
Why not get a GARRETT SCORPION ? Will do anything a Gold Bug will; same price range
same freq. range, same size and weight range, very good service if needed, very good
coils, manual ground balance. Check it out. Only short coming is changing the three
9v batteries but with around 30 hours use with them even that is not that bad.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: What a hoot--no No NO LL NO--anytime anyday the GB2 will blow it away--there is LOTS more to a detector than frequency---John :read2: users posts

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john you swing a gold bug?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Strickman--nice to see you got the green light to purchase--have tons of fun with that unit.

All the best,

Lanny

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
New Gold Bug

Yes it is...

Attachments

• new goldbug.jpg
    new goldbug.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,112
OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alright spawn,don't show me a pic of one and not spill the beans. ::)you have to tell a little about it.do you like it?what kind of depth? come on cough up some info. p. s. glad you got one :thumbsup: know let's see some nuggetts :headbang:

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Actually its not mine. These are not available yet. A gentlemen that is in the same gpaa club that I am
works for fisher. he brought one in to show us and talked a bit about it. I'll be getting more info on it soon.

strickman said:
alright spawn,don't show me a pic of one and not spill the beans. ::)you have to tell a little about it.do you like it?what kind of depth? come on cough up some info. p. s. glad you got one :thumbsup: know let's see some nuggetts :headbang:

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
a little info...19.2 khz gold prospecting and general purpose, manual and grab ground balance, $500-$600...

Desert_Rat

Jun 11, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Amigo II/Diablo uMax/Sidewinder
I should have my hands on one tomorrow to use for the weekend. I'm going out with a Rep that already has one for testing. He stated that I might be better off sticking with my Diablo uMax as there are some issues with it and will explain tomorrow. It is looking better than the Whites GMZ though. According to him, it does not handle the Arizona soil very well. I wouldn't mind giving it a try either. Would like to see what its like hunting in silent search.

Would love to have a new Gold Detector and these prices are great, but its looking like I'll have to save a little more for Minelab for PI machine.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself cant wait until they have been out awhile they look like they would be a great coin jewelry unit , I have the GB2 an like so far .

an just for the record.......I think takoda has a 5 gallon bucket of them shiny yella rocks he bought an he just pulls out a handful every so often to tease us an make us all think we mere mortals actually have a chance at findin some. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the gb's that are being sold at cabelas do have issues,the ones that reps are getting end of this month will be different.i believe just software issues but who knows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread