Thoughts on these??

PA.Hunter

Dec 5, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm relatively new to this hobby and do not know much about the tools that the indians used in my area. I am very interested in learning so any input on these would be greatly appreciated. I have a deep respect for the indians and enjoy holding and looking at the things they created hundreds of years ago. Everything here was found near the susquehanna river in PA. Is the one on the bottom a hoe ? The little one in the middle looks like somethin they would crack skulls with or is it an axe? Thanks in advance everyone!

tools.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PA.Hunter

Dec 5, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a hudge flake removed from the mother stone. I would like to see a closer pic of it if possible front and back.

a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have to call that a crude axe after seeing different view...thats definitely not a flake from a parent stone....theres definitely a bit apparent in third picture, from what i can tell its broke probably by impact possible though that could be a hafting area :dontknow:

Last edited:

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The round stone could be a 4/4 grooved maul. That would give a better reason why the ends are battered up. That is one crude axe but for PA which is where i live....it does not surprize me.......Welcome to the forum......................GTP(Chris)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking piece. Nope not a flake. Thanks for posting pics of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread