Thouroughly impressed with this ability i witnessed

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
Now i am a seeing is beliveing kinda guy and i would have never ever belived that any of this was true UNTIL...............................
my brother had tree roots grow into a sewer pipe in his front yard and we determined there was no way to fix it unless we dug it up, we had the county drain guys come out to tell us at what point in the system we were hooked into, well as luck would have it none of their drawings showed anything as they were a bit cobbled and never were complete from day one, now most of the houses on the street that had work done for similar reasons had pipes that ran pretty much striaght out the front about 80 yards into the main line, well after not being able to tell us we called in a plumbing crew with a video camera and still no luck they couldnt finid anything, then one of the guys we were working with asked his partner if he wanted to call this other guy and they started laughing, well a few minutes went by and they proceeded to tell me they hire this guy once in a while to find the pipes and they forwarned me that the method he used to do it was somewhat prehistoric and they didnt offer any more expanation than that. hour and half later this old dude shows up, gets out of his car , chats with the two guys for a minute and says ok ill go get my gear, now hear im expecting some fancy metal detector and he comes back with what looked like 2 pieces of brass coat hanger coated with some kind of paint or plastic, they were slightly bent and he had one for each hand, At that very moment i was thinking these were con men or this was some sort of scam, i looked right at the guy and said " you gotta be shitting me" he said i dont have time to sit here and discuss this i have an appointment in 20 minutes and i gotta be outa here, now mind you we had video ,metal detectors,and city drain and sewer out here for about 6 hours at this point.
this guy walks the yard sideways like 2 times very slowly stops for a minute or two in one spot and sticks a lil flag there, he then walked out toward the end where we know the main line is came back about 20 feet and walked the entire width of the yard again, now on his way back he stops in another spot , stands there for a minute or two and stuffs another flag, now heres the thing the flags were in a line all the way to the far right of the property and this didnt make sense at all as like i said all the other houses had pipes right out front and this was like 75 feet over, walked back over and says, well your main line comes out the side of your house and runs straight out on that angle into the main line, then get this, he says were i stuck the second flag is where the obstruction is becuase the pipe is full of water right up to that point and then the signal fades. he says dig there and youl find your problem. BUllshit i was still thinking im going to dig a 12 foot deep hole way the hell over there tear up my lawn and lose another 4 hours of screwing around, well at this time the sewer guys are unloading one of those small backhoe deals and start driving right over to the second flag,they werent even going to second guess this guys information,the other guy tells me to give the guy that just showed up 50 bucks for finding the pipe so he can leave. I reluctantly paid the guy anyway he got in his truck and left. so they start digging a huge friggin hole in the yard, i was on the phone telling my dad about all this bs and he started laughing his ass off about the whole thing about 10 minutes later , still on phone with my dad and the guy yells from the digger, ok get the tools and lets get this shit done we can be outa here in 2 hours, well im walking over to the hole still in total dis-belief and low and behold i look in the whole and there is 6" crock pipe and right at the joint a huge tree root that abviously grew into a small leak and expanded crushing the pipe and closing it off. im telling you i had to sit down and tell myself that i had just witnessed some magic and the phone went silent too, my dad saiys are you serious the pipe was actually there? he said ill be right over i gotta see where this pipe is
13-1/2 feet down and about 75 feet from where we had all been looking.
Total amazement I am now a true believer!!!!! It is Totally amazing to me to this day
DanTheMan

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Dan….Good story….This story is repeated every day all over the world. My son works for a water company…Their maps are screwed up also. They use dowsing a lot as it saves time and the need to dig up a lot of lawn….Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread