Thousands of stamps for sale

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
LOCAL CHICAGO ONLY!!

Hey guys! An older coworker of mine has recently moved his elderly father into an assisted living community/hospital due to the fact that he is unable to function normally anymore. Over the last year, my coworker (who is truly a great person but is without a doubt one of the least sentimental individuals I know) has been cleaning out his old father's house since he will be putting it up for sale. It turns out that his father had collected all kinds of stuff, namely coins and stamps. Unbeknownst to me, he took the coins (which he said we "just old silver coins"...grrr!) to a coin shop and took whatever the shop owner offered. I had to tell him to slow down with moving all of the old stuff since some of it may be valuable. So, he told me he still had "thousands" of stamps his father had collected, or, whatever was left after he used many of them! Yeah, he was using vintage stamps to mail letters. I told him to stop. I told him to hand me over the stamps so that I can take a look. It turns out that his father was indeed the owner of thousands and thousands of stamps, mostly from the 40's to the 60's but many going back to the 1870's. The vast majority of these stamps are unused and in awesome shape. Most are still in the wrapper (blocks of four), and many still are in albums. He gave me four big albums to look at, a gigantic manilla envelope full to the brim, plus he's got more "somewhere around that old house".

Anyway, I've got all these stamps and I'd hate to see them not appreciated. I have been looking at many of them and it has been a great storybook of the 20th century. There are all kinds of commemorative stamps in the mix. I wish I could take photos, but I don't have a digital camera. I'd like to try to sell as many of these as I can and get my coworker some money for them. If I had the cash, I'd buy them all myself, trust me. As a matter of fact, I might take a few

So, he is willing to sell them cheap, he just doesn't want them anymore. If anyone here collects stamps, wants to collect stamps, or knows anyone who collects stamps, let me know. I can try to borrow a camera to photograph them, but honestly, there are so many, it would be best if you came to check them out. So...let me know, if anyone is interested.

Joe

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested also.

How 'bout some pictures?

Scott

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I'm sort of in the same situation. I collect coins but I just found out my uncle (89) has boxes of stamps he has collected since the 20's. First cover and foreign stamps too. :o They are in mint condition in original packaging. I'm waiting for them to arrive so I can get a better look. My aunt said she was starting to use them on mail and I told her don't do that until I see them. :help: My uncle told me my father sent a lot of stamps from over seas during world war II also. ::) ::)

Yankochevelle

Jan 3, 2011
If you still have any, my wife and I would also be interested!

Thanks
Wm.Woolley
574-210-0115
Located in Indiana

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also interested, but I am in Wisconsin. Just pm me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions