Threaded brass object. Nothing special, but I need to know what it is!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a small, brass relic today near a cellar hole. It looks a little bit like a drawer pull, but it's definitely not one. It's threaded and hollow on one end. The top part is indented and has tiny hob knobs on the edge for a better grip while turning it. Any guesses would be appreciated!

DSC08449.JPG DSC08446.JPG DSC08448.JPG

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like the back knob on a garden sprayer/hose. The 'gun' type. You would turn the knob to adjust the pressure? That's what popped into my head. But then that would be threaded on the inside. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
drawer pull on an old library card catalog drawer

Upvote 0

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably the cap from a “ nesting “ type screwdriver. There were many styles. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524004595.885985.jpg

Upvote 0

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably the cap from a “ nesting “ type screwdriver. There were many styles. View attachment 1579207
============
Thanks for showing that pic Bruce. When my dad passed I got a lot, ( A LOT ), of his stuff and the exact same thing was in one of the boxes. I still have it today. The first time I unscrewed the cap I was surprised as inside was another with a cap, and another with a cap and on and on. It is really a neat piece. Had never bothered to look it up, but seeing your pic will make me go out in the garage and pay my respects. :notworthy:

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simon... I see one of those every weekend in a box of tools or stuff at a yard sale.

They must have made millions of them.

Those industrious Chinese.

They are never great quality though.

Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There are powder horn fill plugs similar. Flat topped though usually , rather than concave.
A threaded piece goes in the horns wooden plug at large end ,then your piece threads into it.
Allows filling the horn faster ,and provides a place to secure a strap.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread