three boxes of halves and still skunked! HELP !!!!!!

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive gone to my bank three times in six weeks and bought three boxes of halves total . Not one silver half! further more the bank said they want to " curb my buying of boxes of halves because its only really reserved for buisnesses" ive noticed also that with dimes and nickels that when the rolls are labeled N.F string i find no silver. but i did find two V nickels the other day though :o Most of the halves if searched have sharpie marks on the side as well maybe they cycle the halves back to the same bank???? :BangHead: :BangHead:

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its part of the hobby. Deal with it and get the next box as it might be the "dream box"

Myself im on a skunker streak of 4 on halves, is it disheartening?? sure it is but how do you feel when you score??

If your spirits are low do a box of cents, you are guarenteed to find keepers be it wheat backs, copper pre 82's , random mistrikes or coins to fill slots in your collection books

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had done 20 boxes this year and skunked until yesterday where I found 21 40%. 21 is my new lucky number!

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try getting skunked on 28 boxes straight...Either way, it's going to happen. Deal with it, or move on to another hobby.

HH,
Cody.

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tanz 82 said:
ive gone to my bank three times in six weeks and bought three boxes of halves total . Not one silver half! further more the bank said they want to " curb my buying of boxes of halves because its only really reserved for buisnesses" ive noticed also that with dimes and nickels that when the rolls are labeled N.F string i find no silver. but i did find two V nickels the other day though :o Most of the halves if searched have sharpie marks on the side as well maybe they cycle the halves back to the same bank???? :BangHead: :BangHead:

Only those who are crazy enough to deal with 10+ skunk streaks stay with this hobby. It's not a get rich quick scheme. If you have a good box your lucky, simple as that.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your luck went to the V nickels instead of the silver halves, those are extremely rate to find CRH

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Get another bank to order from !

And don't sweat the 3 dead skunks....I plan to wade through more than that TODAY.

Keep on Rollin' !

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Exactly- I just finished 24 boxes with 3 boxes that were not skunks...

Either suck it up and keep on keeping on-
Or I can show you the door-
N8

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
On an hourly basis, you will literally make more money working at McDonald's than you will CRH'ing.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
FormerTeller said:
On an hourly basis, you will literally make more money working at McDonald's than you will CRH'ing.

Yeah but who wants to go home and smell like grease? LOL

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverForBrains said:
Your luck went to the V nickels instead of the silver halves, those are extremely rate to find CRH

Indian heads seem to be quite a bit rarer. I've done about 30 boxes of nickels and found 3 V-nickels in 1 week...I've found 1 indian head out of about 55 penny boxes.

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the name of the game. Persevere and you will find something eventually. 3 boxes is nothing, I've gone weeks on a skunk streak.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n8dagr8345 said:

N8

Why is it necessary to come across as a hardass to the guy?

hyperHunter

Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
koala33 said:
3 boxes is nothing, I've gone weeks on a skunk streak.

Totally agreed. I stopped counting few months ago. Only count keepers. I guess this helps.

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
after skunk 19 and 20, box 21 and 22 gave me 3 40%ers.

Im hoping the next group of boxes fair out...seems like Im getting silver again. Wont know till next week.

Novapax

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Part of the hobby is the hunt, and sometimes there are many days/weeks of hunting till you bag a good one. Some folks are luckier than others and find a good one more often than the others on here. But most all of us keep hunting, in hopes of finding a nice prize. Don't give up yet, your just starting, the fun has yet to come. You will find a good one and then your going to be here showing us what you got. Good luck

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
penman77 said:
n8dagr8345 said:

N8

Why is it necessary to come across as a hardass to the guy?

+1 Agreed some do it for fun, the silver rush, or just as a hobby. I will show you some tough guys all my police family and friends!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread