Three boxes of nickels

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
absolutely no disrespect meant but just to give you a heads up. Most people here don't like these kinda messages. Whether its a "to be continued" or "will post the results later", why waste our time looking at a hanging carrot post. In the future it would be really sweet if you post what you picked up and what you found all in one post. And sidenote, everyone here LOVE! pictures. I need to get a camera myself for this reason. I wish you a truckload of war nickels and buffs. I just went through 3 boxes and didn't find anything. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Garoulady

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that only applies when nothing else is in the post. The OP did mention the coins found in his first box. I believe this post is ok by their standards. I think they are being a little petty about that anyway. We have a lot of posers on here lately that read every new post looking for something to argue about. I'm just saying.
HH
enamel7

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
absolutely no disrespect meant but just to give you a heads up. Most people here don't like these kinda messages. Whether its a "to be continued" or "will post the results later", why waste our time looking at a hanging carrot post. In the future it would be really sweet if you post what you picked up and what you found all in one post. And sidenote, everyone here LOVE! pictures. I need to get a camera myself for this reason. I wish you a truckload of war nickels and buffs. I just went through 3 boxes and didn't find anything. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Garoulady

I believe that only applies when nothing else is in the post. The OP did mention the coins found in his first box. I believe this post is ok by their standards. I think they are being a little petty about that anyway. We have a lot of posers on here lately that read every new post looking for something to argue about. I'm just saying.
HH
enamel7

I think that you should not post a picture of silver saying "results later." Otherwise, everything else is good.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
well I hope you have better luck then I did. I went to town and got two boxes of nickels. Originally I wanted to get a box of dimes because I didn't know they had enough nickels. The teller knows I mainly do nickels and she told me that they had enough for two boxes. well I got them home and went through them. Well I got 1 buffalo. I think the date is 1923 or 25 but not one single war nickel. I plan on ordering some nickels from my credit union. They have been a bit snide at me for just coming in and getting a box here and there, but I figure maybe a fresh pickup place might break my silver skunk streak. I will order them this week and let them know I won't pick them up till after christmas, especially since there is a massive snowstorm on the way towards my beloved Michigan. Over a foot of snow, Ugh!!!

Well I am off to find my snow shovel.

Sincerely, garoulady

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HH
enamel7

Exactly

OP
OP
bstromgren

bstromgren

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First box I had two 1942's and a dateless buffalo. Also 15 40s and 15 50s and one 1939. I felt good after this box!

Attachments

• image-2787514582.jpg
    image-2787514582.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1165759310.jpg
    image-1165759310.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image-1190431405.jpg
    image-1190431405.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 73

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
4 WN's in a box would be my best ever. My personal best was 2, but I've only done about 15 boxes of nickels so far. They've been on hold recently though as time has been tight. nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread