Three keys

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Went back to the sandy field this afternoon. Finds were dominated by keys. A large barrel tap key, and two smaller watch keys, all 19th century in date. A copper round weight 18th/19th century, and an enamelled button also came up. Best and oldest find, was the large round lead medieval token. Got no idea what the design is meant to be. All very typical of detecting finds over here. Traces left, of the people who lost them. Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_9283.JPG
    IMG_9283.JPG
    400.9 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 23
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! If you have a chance, I'd like to see a picture of the business end of that barrel tap key. Looks diamond-shaped. Does it have a hole and if so, what shape is it?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool, love them all

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those old, awesome finds, Rob...question...I have family in Scotland, Falkirk to be exact. They've been begging us to visit them, and I'd love to take my rig...but I do not know their laws. I was young the last time I was there, but I remember a HUGE park right across their street. I sure would love to drag my coil over that old dirt...Ddf

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Nice finds! If you have a chance, I'd like to see a picture of the business end of that barrel tap key. Looks diamond-shaped. Does it have a hole and if so, what shape is it?
Hello sandchip, looks like it was diamond shaped, before someone turned it too hard. Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_9285.JPG
    IMG_9285.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Love those old, awesome finds, Rob...question...I have family in Scotland, Falkirk to be exact. They've been begging us to visit them, and I'd love to take my rig...but I do not know their laws. I was young the last time I was there, but I remember a HUGE park right across their street. I sure would love to drag my coil over that old dirt...Ddf
Hello Ddf, like England, detecting is legal in Scotland ( with the owners permission of course). I think the treasure trove laws may be a little different though. Robert.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this design well, had it a lot. Its a variant on the Fluer-de-lue. (Stylised)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread