Three no date buffalos and a 1936 Quarter in the same plug

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Three no date Buffalo's and a 1936 Quarter in the same plug.
As you can see, one of the buffs covered the Quarter. The Explorer heard the nickles and the quarter, an amazing machine.
YTD 83 silver coins
Over 20 silver rings
2 really nice gold rings

By the way, Stew found his first Indian Head penny today an 1891 greener.

Attachments

• DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Awww...you do hunt with Stew. :D Nice finds, my man.

Bone Dry Detecting...zoyster

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Crocop, I am glad to be back on better terms with you.

Bone Dry...Kirk

P.S. When are you going back out with Stew next?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Now that is a hell of a plug! Did they appear all in one shot or were they pulled out one after the other? Those buffs are nice coins, with or without a date. Congrats bro.

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Thanks guys, if it weren't for this one spot, I wouldn't have found too much this year. This one spot, not too far from me, has produced since the summer, 63 silvers and one of them was a 1903s barber dime, one 1787 and one 1785, a lot of rings, I'll never find another spot like this again, sorry for nor revealing the location.
CC

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Crocop said:
Thanks guys, if it weren't for this one spot, I wouldn't have found too much this year. This one spot, not too far from me, has produced since the summer, 63 silvers and one of them was a 1903s barber dime, one 1787 and one 1785, a lot of rings, I'll never find another spot like this again, sorry for nor revealing the location.
CC

LI TOM and I were just talking about the subject yesterday..........it only takes one or two hotspots like yours to make a year good. If it weren't for three good areas we ran into, neither Tom or I would have the numbers we have. One location produced at or about 30 silver between Tom, Joe and I. Next years job is uncovering some more. 83 silver coins makes for one hefty yearly haul CC.

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Mike... That's quite a silver count! Now is the time for the research to find the next honey hole :)

I'm at around 45 silver this year but I cashed in 3.5 ounces of gold; mostly 14 K (gotta love the beach :) ) I'm going to put in a lot more time there next summer...

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ricardo_NY1 said:
Crocop said:
CC

LI TOM and I were just talking about the subject yesterday..........it only takes one or two hotspots like yours to make a year good. If it weren't for three good areas we ran into, neither Tom or I would have the numbers we have. One location produced at or about 30 silver between Tom, Joe and I. Next years job is uncovering some more. 83 silver coins makes for one hefty yearly haul CC.

What was really strange about that area is that all but 1 of the silvers I found in 2 days were only 1 or 2" deep. Only one merc was a "deepie" at 8" plus in an area infested with pull tabs. Weird.

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Ricardo_NY1 said:
Now that is a hell of a plug! Did they appear all in one shot or were they pulled out one after the other? Those buffs are nice coins, with or without a date. Congrats bro.
Ricardo, it was one after the other and the quarter was last. The Explorer told me what each coin was before I dug it.

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Stew had trouble posting his Indian Head penny, so here goes.

Attachments

• 1891 Indian.jpg
    1891 Indian.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 247

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little cache find and congrats on the silver! HH, Mike

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Joe G said:
Nice digs Mike... That's quite a silver count! Now is the time for the research to find the next honey hole :)

I'm at around 45 silver this year but I cashed in 3.5 ounces of gold; mostly 14 K (gotta love the beach :) ) I'm going to put in a lot more time there next summer...
3.5 ounces of gold? Now that sounds like a new machine.
Nice going Joe

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3.5 ounces of gold? Now that sounds like a new machine.
Nice going Joe

Well, actually I replaced the diamond in my wife's engagement ring (she lost it in the backyard). Didn't have much 27 years ago so it was just a poor quality .25 carat. She's got something a lot nicer and 3 times the size. Gave it to her for her birthday. She said she can't wait to see what I do for here 50th. I said, "that depends on how much time I hunt the beach next summer" :lol:

I still have 3 gold that I saved; one of them has the 1.2 carats worth of diamonds. THAT'S going toward my new machine :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread