Three Queens Mine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't open that high, start at $25

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't open that high, start at $25
Yea idk. 25 might be to much. See i was gonna borrow the 300k but i didnt really expect to be paying it back, lol. Its hard enough to profitably mine(let alone hard rock mining). But to be 300k in the hole to start with? I prefer low risk high reward investing, not high risk low reward. It would be really cool to if someone could make it work but its in a tuff spot. California for one lol. But its on a very steep canyon wall and there isnt much if any room. there seems to be a decent rd but there is no flat ground anywhere nearby exxept back up the 2800 ft ridge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MTTS - Depending on "just where" its located and what kind of access one has to it well, from what I've seen it could be well worth it! I was invited down the mountain and given a tour of the area, the private road down is not far from Foresthill, the canyon is quite inspiring! Its a big river in there, wide and lots of water though hampered by the dam up river that lets out water for the rafters further down the river. You do not want to be in the water when the dam water rush comes!

Lots of gold in there and lots & lots & lots of private, patented property!! Miles of it!!!! Lots of record class Trout as well and yes the fishing is restricted as well, private fishing club has rights to one section and its catch and release only for them! You can watch those puppies casually nipping at the surface of the water, so frustrating! There is even supposed to be a bear back in the Brush that has taken up housekeeping in an old mine tunnel. And yes, there is even the Old camp store there with the Ladies rooms up stairs.

I was shown pictures of gold and then I was shown The Gold. Really nice thumb size and larger gold. The catch is, one must Really work at it to get the gold. Like I said earlier big water, wide river and of course big boulders, lots of them, that require heavy equipment to move and that means lots of bucks to invest in what could be a bust! Awesome river to be down on it, even looking at it from the road side just down from FH the river it is beautiful with all the swings around the mountains, the fast water and gravel bars look so inviting! It has limited access only for a really good reason, there is gold there!....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MTTS - Depending on "just where" its located and what kind of access one has to it well, from what I've seen it could be well worth it! I was invited down the mountain and given a tour of the area, the private road down is not far from Foresthill, the canyon is quite inspiring! Its a big river in there, wide and lots of water though hampered by the dam up river that lets out water for the rafters further down the river. You do not want to be in the water when the dam water rush comes!

Lots of gold in there and lots & lots & lots of private, patented property!! Miles of it!!!! Lots of record class Trout as well and yes the fishing is restricted as well, private fishing club has rights to one section and its catch and release only for them! You can watch those puppies casually nipping at the surface of the water, so frustrating! There is even supposed to be a bear back in the Brush that has taken up housekeeping in an old mine tunnel. And yes, there is even the Old camp store there with the Ladies rooms up stairs.

I was shown pictures of gold and then I was shown The Gold. Really nice thumb size and larger gold. The catch is, one must Really work at it to get the gold. Like I said earlier big water, wide river and of course big boulders, lots of them, that require heavy equipment to move and that means lots of bucks to invest in what could be a bust! Awesome river to be down on it, even looking at it from the road side just down from FH the river it is beautiful with all the swings around the mountains, the fast water and gravel bars look so inviting! It has limited access only for a really good reason, there is gold there!....................63bkpkr
Yea i heard about the fishing company. Bummer. Its funny i was looking at the area today on google maps and you cannot see the Josephine mine rd on the south canyon not at all. But if you zoom in on one of the gravel bars there is a white SUV parked on it LOL. It was driving me crazy. you can see the rd right off the bar and then solid green all the way up the hill. Must be nice to have miles of prime river all to your self and not have to allow anyone else to enjoy it. Personally I think its kinda wrong but we wont get into that discussion!

As far as "where" its located, wouldn't know for sure unless you've been there but based on google maps the rd ends going to Dardanelles creek. GPS coordinates from USGS put it just upstream and across the creek, if you can call it that. I bet its dry in the summer and darn near a waterfall,insane impassible in the winter. But then it also looks like a substantial scramble up another slope to the actual mine. Cords are only accurate to 100m but if you zoom in you can see workings so I have good idea of where.

Doesn't appear that there is any open ground but i know that trail is open to the public. Its part of the historical Western states trail and is used for the Tevis Cup and the Western states endurance run. Might go check it out just to check it out. I like challenging hikes anyways, good experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the way down on the south side, you need 4x4 and preferably a jeep or smaller if you don't want if scratched up, but can get down to water just lower of 3 queens mine. Its all claimed though but some cool 4x4 spots and camping down there.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MTTS - When I was 'shown around' down there we drove to within a few hundred feet of the river, the WALL on the other side went nearly straight up and looked quite Imposing! For curiosity sake I will take a look at it on google and then pull out my old set of USGS maps on CD as well.

Asmb - More interesting inputs and I am not surprised that you would know that area as you seem to "get around" quite a bit in that country.

The high country way up the Middle Fork in the summer early evenings - the shadows are quite purple making it look even more rough and rugged.

Very nice part of the country!............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread