Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Well I got back from visiting my Daughter in Singapore last Wednesday :) but on the way back I left my camerea in Schipholl airport :-\ so no pictures yet, and no pictures for the great day I had on Sunday..till now ;D

Did a full day and hit three Roman fields, two producing Roman Silvers, and a nice complete 18th century Silver Cuff-link, this is my first complete one :icon_thumleft: The first Roman Silver didn't look that good at first, it was covered in Iron crud, but it turned out to be the best of the three Silvers. Marcus Aurelius struck by Commodus AD 177-192 Silver Denarius, "My father, Marcus Aurelius, now walks among the Gods."
The second coin that of Commodus himself, and the third coin Vespasian, I will update the reverses later, I'm still getting use to the new camera and have not had time to do all the full IDs :P

This is the first time I have had three Roman Silvers in the same day, and all are in quite good shape, so I'm well pleased..hope the pictures are Ok, as I said still getting use to the new camera :icon_thumleft:

SS

Attachments

• roman silvers 2 003.JPG
    roman silvers 2 003.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 791
  • roman silvers 2 005.JPG
    roman silvers 2 005.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 799
  • roman silvers 2 008.JPG
    roman silvers 2 008.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 795
  • roman silvers 2 036.JPG
    roman silvers 2 036.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 841
  • roman silvers 2 017.JPG
    roman silvers 2 017.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 818
  • roman silvers 2 021.JPG
    roman silvers 2 021.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 825
  • roman silvers 2 022.JPG
    roman silvers 2 022.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 842
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U

umrgolf

Silver Searcher said:
umrgolf said:
Outstanding silvers SS :headbang: hope this starts a nice run for you :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Jeff :icon_thumleft: Are you back in the States then :dontknow: hope to see you and Josh out hunting together again.

SS

yep, been here since July.. working and school now .. and a little bit of diggin :laughing9:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get your camera back now SS? Where did you leave it, and what sort of camera (did) you have..

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
Did you get your camera back now SS? Where did you leave it, and what sort of camera (did) you have..
No Earl, I bought another yesterday, but I had to return that to the shop due to a fault ::) not having much luck with cameras o late :laughing9: my old camera was a Pentax Optio 450, hybrid, it had super macro, great for coin close ups, but they don't make them anymore, although there is some in the US. Tomorrow I will be looking at a Fugi Finepix S2950 :icon_thumleft:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread