Three silvers save Saturday’s hunt...

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Made it out both today (just clad today) and yesterday to the park I feel like I’ve been at for years. I’m slowly making my way through an area outside of the soccer field with the last few hunts netting nothing but foil and clad. I was starting to get a little frustrated and question why I was bothering. The end of my hunt Saturday showed me why I’m covering this section at least once.

As I approached the end of my line and my hunt, I had a high signal. Ended up finding a Pandora bracelet clip. Looks like they still sell it as a Serpentine clip [emoji1303]
IMG_9094.jpg

What is interesting about the area I found this is it was at the lip of a dip where they dug out part of the old field to put in the new playground. Within a couple of inches I hit the lip and immediately hit another high tone between 5-10cm. That doesn’t usually end with silver at that depth here but given they had scrapped some of the dirt off I was hopeful. A really nice 1938 Caribou said hi to me from the plug! This is silver coin #21 from this park.

IMG_9097.jpg IMG_9098.jpg

I stood up and swung to the other side of my string (which happened to be further into the dip) and hit the exact same numbers and depth. Since I had just hit a quarter like this, I dug a large plug and using my fingers dug my first George V quarter and silver coin #22 from the park. He’s pretty worn so the date is hard to get but I definitely see a 192x. They didn’t mint these in 1922-1926 so there is only five years it could be and I think I see the middle of an eight under magnification.
IMG_9100.jpg IMG_9101.jpg
I’m just old enough that I can’t help but repeat Looney Tunes in my head when I find coins that have George on them [emoji2371]
IMG_9116.jpg
IMG_9107.jpg

Happy hunting and stay safe!

Dig

Upvote 16

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, Congrats!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many lumps George rrrrhhhrh 2 or 3 lol Those pandora pieces arent cheap I have 2 Daughters trust me on that nice silver coins also you only had to go half way to China nice hunt my friend and post you stay safe out there as well Tommy

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George is my friend! The good ole days... Congrats on some great finds you’re raking those silvers in! Ddf

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
How many lumps George rrrrhhhrh 2 or 3 lol Those pandora pieces arent cheap I have 2 Daughters trust me on that nice silver coins also you only had to go half way to China nice hunt my friend and post you stay safe out there as well Tommy

Too bad the rest of it wasn’t there. It was fully clipped together so was likely from something that broke. Keep well Tommy.

George is my friend! The good ole days... Congrats on some great finds you’re raking those silvers in! Ddf

Still a funny cartoon...

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Man I love the wreaths on those old Canadian quarters. Nicely done!

Me too! I get why they changed the coins to something more unique since some of the other Commonwealth countries had the same thing but it’s still very elegant.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the silvers! Very nice and hope you find more!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice way to grid! Very cool finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nice way to grid! Very cool finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Prof!

The section I’m in is definitely slower than “inside” the old soccer field boundary and I don’t really expect that to change as I work West (to the left) but stuff is still there so I’m loath to not spend the time.
Inside the yellow is area I haven’t detected while walking a string... I may have zigzagged across it or used the F2 but the string will help me vacuum most remnants.
IMG_9119.jpg

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I applaud you for the mapping and tracking of your finds from this park my friend! :occasion14:
When I used AT Pro at pounded sites, I used to turn the discrimination to '0' and the sensitivity up, this way I would hear everything.

Best of luck on your return,
Dave

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some nice silvers. Your post is Deja Vu for me, as my wife asked for a couple of those Pandora Spacer Clips for Mothers Day. Looks like your post is another "hint" that I might just as well order her some of those ! Thanks for kicking me into gear.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
I applaud you for the mapping and tracking of your finds from this park my friend! :occasion14:
When I used AT Pro at pounded sites, I used to turn the discrimination to '0' and the sensitivity up, this way I would hear everything.

Best of luck on your return,
Dave

At first I didn’t do that and it took some getting used to once I did but it does make a difference! It can be a lot of noise when I enter a patch of Easter egg foils but it’s happened often enough where once I dig the foil, I hear something better beneath it. This is a good tip you give as otherwise the foil would cause a blank and the item below would be missed.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Looks like some nice silvers. Your post is Deja Vu for me, as my wife asked for a couple of those Pandora Spacer Clips for Mothers Day. Looks like your post is another "hint" that I might just as well order her some of those ! Thanks for kicking me into gear.

Glad I could help! [emoji23]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions