Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been detecting this site since 2007. I found my 20th copper there last week, and I've found hundreds of buttons and some Spanish silver over the years.

Two years back I found the first old jewelry, the gold broach. The pin and the design are consistent with similar ones dated circa 1850. It's hand engraved on the back with the original owner's initials. it didn't pass for 14K or 10K, but it's my understanding that 12K was more popular in the 19th century.

My second find was the silver cuff-links, which were the last find of 2010 before the storms hit. Finally at the end of February 2011 I was able to get back to the site and the first thing I dug, not more than 200 feet away, was another intact silver cuff-link!

Two years have gone by since the first cuff-link, and you probably already saw my post from yesterday's gold watch key, but here it is, reunited with the other personal items of its time.

I hope to squeeze in one more hunt before the end of the year but it looks like a winter storm will hit us on the 26th/27th. There's plenty of land and I still have a lot to go but it may just need to wait until 2013.

Happy Holidays!
NIWJ

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    973.3 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 3

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice quality finds!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a dream area to hunt - Congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread