Threes A Charm!

sneak

Oct 24, 2007
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Three's A Charm!

I had my first 2 boxes of halves ordered for this week. One for Tuesday and one for Thursday. The first box on Tuesday gave up 1 40%. When I went to a different bank yesterday to pick up my second box the teller said they had to order 2 boxes and ask if I wanted both of them. I said sure! ;) The second box was a real skunk! Not 1 keeper! The highlight of the evening was a bicentennial with a hole and a gold plated half. ;D I was starting to get a little discouraged after 2000 halves and only 1 40% to show. I was about ready to swear off ordering boxes and just look for hand rolls. I saved the third box until tonight. When I opened it I saw a lady looking up at me and a 40% half on the end of another roll. Now that was neat! I really got excited. I set the roll with the Walker showing to the side and saved it for last. I opened the roll with the 40% and the very next roll had a Walker in it! I ended up finding 9 keepers in this box. 2 Walkers, 3 Franklins, and (4) 40%. The roll with the Walker showing that I saved for last also had a Franklin in it! That was a nice way to end the box! Here is what I got:

1943-D
1945-D
1952-D
1954-D
1961-D
(2) 1967
(2) 1968-D

Maybe I will order some more boxes! ;D

WalkerRoll.jpg

Upvote 0

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Re: Three's A Charm!

Hey, that looks like it is a CWI box. Single layer, 5 rolls X 10.

I have found only 3 40% halves and a 1915 English penny in the past 2 months.

There is hope for me after all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread