Thrift Store Artwork

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys so I stopped by the thrift store today and found a bundle of signed artwork. I was wondering if you guys could help me find prices on them. I have looked around but have not been able to find anything.

1. This piece is by Art Wolfe titled Birch Forest Soviet Union done in 1989. This was done during his trip to the Soviet Union where he nearly died. It is number 2 of 300 and is signed.
Art Wolfe Black Forest Soviet Union.JPG Art Wolfe Black Forest Soviet Union Close Up.JPG
2. This piece is by Alan Bean. I can not locate the title of this piece but it does have the title Clan MacBean Arrives On The Moon above the text. It is not numbered but is signed by the artist. Alan Bean was the pilot for the Apollo 12 mission.
Clan MacBean Arrives On The Moon Signed by Alan Bean, Pilot of Apollo 12.JPG
3. These two pieces I have not been able to find much on. All I know is that they are referenced to the Library of Congress. They belong to a pack of six from this set. Planes This one is Consolidated Vultee Liberator--Army and Navy land based long range bomber
Consolidated Vultee Liberator Original.JPG
This one is Consolidated Vultee Stinson Sentinel--Army "flying jeep" liaison and artillery spotting plane
Consolidated Vultee Stinson Sentinel Original.JPG
4. I have not been able to locate anything on this piece of artwork. I saw it and it reminded me of home. It is signed by the artist and has the phrase Artist Proof on it numbered 32 of 50
Dog Musher and Caribou Artist Proof.JPG Dog Musher and Caribou Kobud Magie.JPG Dog Musher and Caribou.JPG
5. This one is by Basil Ede titled Twilight Dou - Pintail. This piece was done in 1976 and is numbered 1040 of 1500. It also is signed by the artist.
Twilight Duo - Pintails Basil Ede Signed.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure why the photos are not all upright. They appear to be upright on my computer. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on my experience if one can not find anything on the Artist then they maybe local artist or just not well known. Even if they are numbered does not mean they are worth any more than what you paid for them. I still buy art at the TS then research and if I can not find anything on them or sell them I put them up for later time. I have only sold 2 pieces of art in 5 years.

OP
OP
H

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Art Wolfe is a Well known artist and his signed prints start at $800 but due to the age of the print, he believes my copy would actually be a hand printed cibachrome, and suggests I get it appraised.
2. Alan Bean prints typically online have been going for around $300 minimum but upwards of $2500
3. I have found very little on these since it refers back to artwork that is being housed in the Library of Congress.
4. I have not been able to figure anything out on this. I am not even sure what the artists actual name is.
5. I know for the Basil Ede I have contacted the artist and original release price was $500, Ede is a well renown artist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread