Thrift store sterling + surprise

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped at this thrift store I can't stand. It's so overpriced but I knew I had a $25 credit so I thought I would go check it out. My expectations were very low. I did manage to find a sterling silver cup 127 g for $40. Ended up paying after the credit $15.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477544172.856248.jpg

They had sterling ring for $45. Sterling necklaces and earrings from anywhere of $30 to 100. A Silpada necklace for $150. I was blown away with the prices.

Now for the surprise. I came home and decided it was nice outside so I would clean out my van. Opened up this one door inside of it that sinks into the floor... There was a sterling silver bowl in there. 195 g. I was
shocked!!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477544363.756106.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477544399.350565.jpg

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guess I am a bit confused, it looks like the prices at the store are based on spot/salvage, so you paid $40 for something worth about $40...

you cleaned out your van and found a large bowl by the door...(in there)

not sure what this is all adding up to, but its not painting a pretty picture in my mind! :dontknow:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those prices are stupid crazy!! That's like retail or retail + at a shop! Good buy on the cup though. I would have done the same thing.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, you got the bowl months (or years) earlier and forgot about it? Or it came with the car? haha

I never write a thrift store off, but... I might change my rulebook for that store. Horrendous!!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That cup was in there for $90 at the thrift store. They eventually marked down to 40. And I bought it since I had a credit of $25. It's a high end thrift store in a not so high end part of town. Reed and Barton sterling snowflake ornament was $75. It's hard to list it all out. But it's super expensive.
This was $45.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477568996.732763.jpg

The bowl I bought six months ago out of town and I have a compartment in my van under the floor. When I opened it the bowl was sitting in there. I had completely forgotten about it.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bowl I bought six months ago out of town and I have a compartment in my van under the floor. When I opened it the bowl was sitting in there. I had completely forgotten about it.

I love it!! It's like a treasure hunt all over again when that happens!!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome looking couple I imagine you could probably sell it for a tidy profit. as for forgetting a large Sterling bowl.... how is that possible? Are you buying that much great stuff that you can miss it? Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions