Through the fog of time

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Freezing fog made it a bit different yesterday afternoon. The temp was below freezing an visibility was poor,very atmospheric to search in !. Here's the finds , had a York mint Edward 111 penny (1327-77) being from Yorkshire it's nice to find York mint pennies. Also had what I think is part of a Medieval knife handle decoration (looks like the bottom half of a woman wearing a dress). Also found a tiny lead token and a lead loom weight. I've posted pictures of the coin before and after cleaning.

Attachments

• York mint 003.jpg
    York mint 003.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 399
  • York mint 001.jpg
    York mint 001.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 392
  • York mint 002.jpg
    York mint 002.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 387
  • York mint 004.jpg
    York mint 004.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 379
  • York mint 006.jpg
    York mint 006.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hammered! I enjoy those type of hunts, fog is fun to detect in. HH, Mike

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
fantastic coin! i like the knife handle to :thumbsup: you can see the cross inprint on the head side which is what i was wondering about the other day! with the coins being so thin, how come this didn't happen every time?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was interesting in the fog. So wet in the air the trees were dripping like fountains.

That hammered is a stunning coin, we are really struggling right now to get 1 more :P

The other item is half of a strap-end, the back piece is probably missing. It shows a hilly scenery when on its side. In the early days I found a complete one (still have the decorated top half), the bottom piece broke of whilst cleaning & a piece of weaved medieval cloth fell out, which I throw away. It was the most valuable piece of the lot as textile experts could have dated it based on the weave. I felt very stupid :-[

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
first great find

you live you learn -- crusader ---(I've had my share of opps moments too)-- however maybe others will learn a bit because of your "sharing" of that info on the cloth bit --not everything has to be learned first hand the hard way.--- Ivan

of course its damp fogggy and cold -- its england ;D ---thats why english men were such bigtime explorers --they wanted a bit of warmth and sunshine -- and to check out women from around the world ;D without the missus "knowing" for sure . ( mess around in england and sooner or later -- the "word" always got back home)

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
shaun7 said:
fantastic coin! i like the knife handle to :thumbsup: you can see the cross inprint on the head side which is what i was wondering about the other day! with the coins being so thin, how come this didn't happen every time?
Good question Shaun, got a few like this but you would expect more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread