Thunder & Lightning OH MY!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Pics first. Story to follow. Ok.Tech issues. Back to the field I scored the 2 cent piece Sunday. 40 minutes into the hunt thunder & lighting was bearing down on me. I said a quick but, sincere prayer for just one nice find. Got a solid high VDI signal and pinpointed the shallow target. Popped out my second two cent piece in as many days. Praised my Father and beat feet for the Command Vehicle as the storm was right upon me. What a wonderful reprieve for January. BTW, I love green coins!!! The picture with all three of my 2 cent pieces dug in nine years hunting. Two of them in the last two days. Wow...Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

20180122_163735.jpg20180122_160729.jpg20180122_170042.jpg20180122_170427.jpg20180122_170518.jpg20180122_172704.jpg20180122_173059.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 43
An excellent group of two cent coins.And for some strange reason most of my two cent coins came out looking better than a lot of my large cents.

Did anyone mention that this is the first coin with "In God we trust" on it?

Beautiful coins, congratulations! :occasion14:

Wow, Kurios1.... your 2 cents are in great shape... in 29 years, I only found 3, and all of your are in better condition... Great start for the year.

Well done. All three of your 2 centers are in great shape. I've only found one and it is really toasty. Congrats!

God answers all prayers. Sometimes its "yes". Sometimes its "no". And sometimes its "you've got to be kidding" ! Congrats on some great looking 2 Cent pieces Kurious. Keep hitting that place.

Congrats!! Nice coinage.. :occasion14:

Great looking copper Kevin, one couldn't ask for any better than those ones.
Your rain is our freezing rain, one big frozen popsicle outside.

Those are pretty coins, they seem to always have a nice patina. They don't turn up too often, I might have nine or ten. I can go several years without finding one. But one year I found four of them, including two on back to back signals

Sweet Two-Cents! Congrats on the nice finds and I hope that you get back there to see if there is anything else still waiting for you to find it. Onward 2018!

Nice hunt Kurios them two centers are in nice condition congrats man....:icon_thumright:

Howdy Folks. Pics first. Story to follow. Ok.Tech issues. Back to the field I scored the 2 cent piece Sunday. 40 minutes into the hunt thunder & lighting was bearing down on me. I said a quick but, sincere prayer for just one nice find. Got a solid high VDI signal and pinpointed the shallow target. Popped out my second two cent piece in as many days. Praised my Father and beat feet for the Command Vehicle as the storm was right upon me. What a wonderful reprieve for January. BTW, I love green coins!!! The picture with all three of my 2 cent pieces dug in nine years hunting. Two of them in the last two days. Wow...Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

View attachment 1540223View attachment 1540226View attachment 1540233View attachment 1540237View attachment 1540244View attachment 1540250View attachment 1540251
that coin is in tremendous shape:headbang: I’ve dug 2 of them and both have been in bad shape. Big congrats on a fantastic coin:notworthy:

My sincere gratitude and appreciation for T-net and every member who posts their finds or offers commentary of support and encouragement. You all have challenged me to rediscover my passion for treasure hunting. Along with sharing your knowledge and experience for others to glean from. Your collective influence has led me to many fantastic recoveries since I became active here. Continue in the great work you are doing here that many more may come to experience the joys of this wonderful sport.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back