Thursday hunt....good archaic stuff....couple of sad breaks.

A

Atlantis0077

Attachments

• edgar310 001.jpg
    edgar310 001.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look great to me. :thumbsup: congrats.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well worth the digs. I agree that is some fine looking material wonder what that bottom one was 2nd from the right? Some of that darker looks similiar to here.
Thanks for sharin.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Well worth the digs. I agree that is some fine looking material wonder what that bottom one was 2nd from the right? Some of that darker looks similiar to here.
Thanks for sharin.
I wondered that too, TnMtns----Do you suppose it was an Evans point, Atlantis? Kinda like the one from your previous post http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,303937.0.html ...
sandcreek

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is an Evans. He finds 'em in LA and I find 'em in AR. I dont think we live very far apart...d2

John G. Scoggins

Jan 31, 2010
Fouke,Arkansas
Is that Gary down in the bottom right corner made of Novaculite?Are the gators moving around down your way?I saw my first one of the year on friday and he was bigger than I want to wrestle with.I have a 10 ft. kayak and he wasn't too much smaller than it is.

OP
OP
A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Yep, the notched point with the broken tip is an Evans...would have been a pretty nice one too. Also the small dark point to the left is an Evans though you cant tell the way its laying. Its notched on one side and they were unable to flatten the stone so it remained hump backed. The Gary is novaculite. It was the last point I found that day and I truly wanted to cry when I found it. Major impact on the tip split the end off.

That site is really nice, but you have to move a ton of dirt to find its bounty. One of those places you might find three fast, and then dig 4 hours before you find a fourth. Also there are more Evans points there than any place I have ever dug...on the order of 25%. I am trying to find a palmwood Evans. We find a ton of palmwood chips and chunks....I know there is a palmwood Evans somewhere around this place. No birdies in this place...full of older stuff. Haven't found a Dalton yet, but from the looks of some of the chips and broken pieces, its only a matter of time.

It snowed all day yesterday and the wind blew 30mph+ no digging for sure. Tomorrow is supposed to be 70+ ....gotta love Louisiana. ::) May have time to hit this place again over the weekend, its a long drive. Also it needs to dry out some. Water is literally running out of the ground most everywhere here.

Only have one site with gators, but I always keep an eye out.....a bigger threat here is snakes and wild hogs. Its moccasin time again and they love the holes you dig..never stick a hand in without checking close.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread