Thursday nights 4 boxes of halves = firsts :)

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up four boxes of halves on thursday from my normal bank, wife and I went thru them last night and was happy with the results.
Box 1:
1-40%'er
1- 2005 NIFC
Box 2:
2- 40%'ers
2-2009 NIFC's
Box 3:
1- 1964 Kennedy (first 90%'er pulled from a box)
1- 2003 NIFC
Box 4:
3- 40%'ers
2- Franklin 90%'ers (60d,63d) First franklins ever found in the wild for us, both being in the same box as well.

Upvote 0

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! I have to say though, if you stick with this hobby for very long, you're going to do a lot of mounting in those cardboard thingies. :icon_thumleft:

ancesthntr

Apr 15, 2011
"I have to say though, if you stick with this hobby for very long, you're going to do a lot of mounting in those cardboard thingies."

I agree. Maybe you want to keep those mounted because they're your first (kind of like the framed dollar bill on the wall of a lot of places), but paper rolls or tubes are the way to go with quantity...and I wish you the best of luck in needing lots of rolls/tubes.

mightyzep

Dec 5, 2007
When I got my first NIFC, a 2006P, I put it in a cardboard thingy too! Then I found lots of those, until the point where I wonder if I even need to save the 2002-2010 anymore. I believe at this point a NIFC is probably worth 75 cents at the most. I haven't seen a lot of people paying much for them. I put my silver proofs in those cardboard things too, to try to keep them as proof as I can. What I really like for my 90% and 40% are the clear plastic tubes. I like to look at the edges. I can tell the edge difference between the 2, the 40% tend to look dirtier, I'm not sure why. Then when I fill a plastic tube, I take it to my safe deposit box. I'd hate to be robbed of my silver. Some people don't trust the safe deposit box, but my bank is pretty established, and I see no signs they even would have the interest or time to search through the safe deposit boxes. Of course if we really run into the apocalypse scenario, I may not be able to get my silver out. Is silver really valuable in that case anyway? I guess if you really wanted to be prepared you could get a safe and fill it with silver, gold, dried food and guns. I'm hoping it never comes to that.

OP
OP
FIRE310

FIRE310

Mar 22, 2011
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO, Ace 250, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have said what we do with the coins ... :) We have a huge binder that we put all the silvers pulled from that current year in. This works good for tracking what weve found during the year. The main reason is if we are hitting a bad streak the wife likes to pull it out and it reminds her of what we've found thereby allowing the ole bank roll to continue for crh :) Also my 4 and 5 year old love going thru the binder with daddy during the evenings to look at the coins. After the year is done and the final tally is added up the coins are placed in clear tubes and put in the safe deposit box.

Bankboxsearcher

Apr 19, 2011
packerbacker said:
Congrats on the finds! I have to say though, if you stick with this hobby for very long, you're going to do a lot of mounting in those cardboard thingies. :icon_thumleft:

I agree! Nickel boxes are up to the roof.. well just about. :headbang: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread