Thursdays CW hunt

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Thursday's CW hunt

My old Nautilus DMC 1 , which I have used for decades , developed a crack in the plastic coil covering . Last summer I submerged it in water , not knowing about the crack. Ever since then , my machine has acted very erratically. I have dealt with it up until now. I saw a Nautilus DMC 2b advertised online for $300. I emailed the seller and within 5 mins , he called me on the phone and within an hour he was at my house with the machine. The following day , I drove up to Coats NC to the Nautilus manufacturer to have my old machine repaired and get a tutorial on how to use this "new" machine. Talk about personalized service...These guys are the BEST!!. I cannot say enough about their machines or their service.
When I got back home , I was anxious to give this machine a trial run. I decided to hunt a field that we hammered to death last yr. I found a percussion cap and the back of a button. The next day (Thursday) , I returned to that field and found the pictured items : 1 3 ringer ( about 12 inches deep ) , 1 eagle button , 1 flat button , a gold plated pin and 3 percussion caps and the base of an arrowhead. Also found a bunch of melted lead and junk.

Thanx for looking and HH y'all.

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Thursday's CW hunt

I'd take a hunt like that any day!

What is the gold pin? Love to see a close up pic of it.

DCMatt

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds and you are right about the guys at Nautilus. Steve and the crew are super nice folks. You will really love the 2B. No more complicated than the early models unless you have a bad coil and then you will tear your hair out trying to figure out what is up! Where are you located? I am near Princeton in Johnston Co. Going to the reinactment this weekend?
Mike

OP
OP
G

gxray

Jan 30, 2009

brnn53 said:
Nice finds and you are right about the guys at Nautilus. Steve and the crew are super nice folks. You will really love the 2B. No more complicated than the early models unless you have a bad coil and then you will tear your hair out trying to figure out what is up! Where are you located? I am near Princeton in Johnston Co. Going to the reinactment this weekend?
Mike

I'm in the Mt Olive area. I probably will not be attending the re-enactment this weekend but I may be hunting in the Bentonville area. I have permission on a few farms there. I just watched a few videos on youtube of Saturday's re-enactment.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

A good day. You know you're not missing much when you're digging percussion caps. I've never owned a Nautilus but have used them and they are great machines.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Nice finds. I like finding buttons. Looks like the new machine will do the job.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread