Tiger Shark coils?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ten inch coil is available from Tesoro. It will cover more ground per sweep and get deeper too. You may have to turn down the sens. some as the sensivity is set high enough at the factory for the smaller standard coil while it could be to much for the bigger one.

Tesoro used to make a 3" X 18" Clean Sweep Coil for the Tiger Shark which covered a mile of sand fast enough to beat others to the goodies before you. I don't know why they discontinued providing it for the Tiger Shark though it is available for many other Tesoro's.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a Sandshark with 10 in coil ... works great ., worth the $$$119,00 Guzz1

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
I have the 10" for my TS and love it. I havent noticed any difference on small targets, it still gets them, and covers more ground. HH Joe

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
what you all got to say about the shark as a in the surf/beach sand hunter. THinking about going that way instead of an excal 2

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tesoro makes  great  MD's at  Half  the  cost  . I  own a  sand  shark  and  Very  happy  with  it .. I
owned  a  excal  as well , there  both  great  detectors .  My Sandshark  is  for  the  water  and  less trashy  areas  only ,,,no  discriminatin,, Its  a  PI.  I would  get  a  tiger  if  I  were you  if  you  plan  to  go  in  dry  with  it ..'''  Guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread