Till Hunting....not today...but a few days ago and a first for the church area..

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
About a week or two ago, went to the church where we hold our scout meetings at...I've been given permission to detect by the Trustee...so I figured, while the boys were working on the Eagle Project (they are building a handicap ramp!)....I thought I would detect.

Found a hose nozzle...biggest one I have found so far, some old cans with some stamping on them (can't read it very well), quite a few wheaties, but they were badly worn...worse looking wheaties I have ever pulled from the ground. One was a 1928 (or 1920 something...can't read the last number that well), a couple from the 40's and 50's, a Canadian penny from 1983 and a few memorial pennies....found some pieces of metal with writing on it...one says something about a thrill ride...still trying to figure this one out....and the 1934 MERC DIME!!! WHOO HOO...my first silver from this site! So, I know more is there to be found. Kinda' cold...so will hit again when the weather warms up a tad!!! Also found a KENNEL TAG from 1950...pictured also.

First time I hunted there, I found a few memorial pennies and a hubcab from a Thunderbird!!!! What a chore digging that out. I'll clean it up real good and hang it on my wall!!! :)

I do alot of TILL HUNTING (searching throught the tills at work when I close at night) too and my latest are the pics that follow. I found the wheaties and the nickel in the same night (last Friday night)...

So far this year (since Jan)...I believe I have 4 buffalos, or is it just 3? I'll have to look at my jar again and count them...but this is by far the best one I found TILL HUNTING!!! A kid at work got a 1946 Quarter, actually, he got it on Saturday, day after I found my buffalo...dang it!!! Well, I'm happy with my buffalo's and wheaties!!!

Thanks for looking....there is more out there...just waiting for the customers to spend it in MY LINE!!!! LOL
Annmarie

Attachments

• 1934 Merc 1a.jpg
    1934 Merc 1a.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 622
  • kennel tag 1a.jpg
    kennel tag 1a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 626
  • 1934 wheatie 1a.jpg
    1934 wheatie 1a.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 634
  • 1944 D wheatie 1a.jpg
    1944 D wheatie 1a.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 627
  • 1944 S wheatie 1a.jpg
    1944 S wheatie 1a.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 626
  • 1935 buffalo nickel 1a.jpg
    1935 buffalo nickel 1a.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 620
Upvote 0

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Looks like you found a good spot. Nice coins!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Spot Annmarie! Nice Silver ;)

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Re: Till Hunting....not today...but a few days ago and a first for the church ar

Great spot. Nice Finds!!

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
I like the dog tag, I found one in my yard that was a 1943. i would go back to that spot who knows what you may find.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! I think I would be returning to that place for another look! Nice finds!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Great finds!!! love the old dog tag.
RD

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Congrats, those are some great finds!
Baggins

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
WTG. Nice finds there. Have a general question, how does the Ace 250 do on the beach? I guess I should ask, do you detect on the beach with the Ace 250? I am thinking of buying one for my boys so they can join their dad on the hunt.

Southern_Boy

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Southern_Boy said:
WTG. Nice finds there. Have a general question, how does the Ace 250 do on the beach? I guess I should ask, do you detect on the beach with the Ace 250? I am thinking of buying one for my boys so they can join their dad on the hunt.

Southern_Boy

ThankYou....

As for the ACE 250 on the beach...I don't have much of a problem...in the sand, it does wonderfully, of course ;)...as I get close to the water, however, it does go nuts...but I find that if I bring the discrimination down (as I read somewhere on here someone said to do that ;)...don't you love this site?)...and then I don't have a problem...but I rarely hunt on the water line....I do more sand hunting.

However, I did use it in Lake Greeson (Arkansas) last August...and it did GREAT! No probs with discrimination or it going nuts....haven't tried any lakes around here.

Your sons will like it....my oldest boy has the ACE 150 and I use the ACE 250...we are going to get the youngest an ACE 150 also....they don't have much of an interest and I don't want to spend alot of money on a detector for them...if it's going to sit in the corner...but I still want to get the youngest one....maybe someday they will show more of an interest than just 5 mins! LOL....my boys do like to dig the holes for me though!!! They like pulling up the find FIRST!

Thanks everyone for your kind replies....

Just to make things clear...the Merc Dime is the only coin shown that I metal detected...that was at the church...those wheaties and the Buffalo were from work when I close at night, I have to count down the tills. Have more luck at work than I do detecting lately...LOL

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Annmarie.
Congrats on that Merc!!! It looks like the till hunting is working pretty darn well too. ;)
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread