Time for a Kruzer vs Equinox Shootout!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 315

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be cool. I don't really care about Air tests. I would like to see how they do on REAL targets without modified programs. Maybe 4 tone on the Kruzer vs park 2 on the nox.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...:skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    963.5 KB · Views: 294

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is going to be some great must see TV, Terry. Can't wait.

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Now that I have some time on the EQ, I might do a shoot-out between my EQ800 and Multi Kruzer this weekend.

Only problem is it cuts into precious detecting time - lol

Permit

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2017
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
looking forward to it as i am down to these two machines for my next one. one question i have about the kruzer is does it use the multi frequency at the same time, or does it just have multiple frequencies you can choose but it uses them only 1 at a time?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking forward to it as i am down to these two machines for my next one. one question i have about the kruzer is does it use the multi frequency at the same time, or does it just have multiple frequencies you can choose but it uses them only 1 at a time?

It has multiple frequencies you can choose but one at a time only. That said,

It does have a beach mode that works great in salt water. I am also up in the air on both machines. Having used the E-trac next to single frequency machines in real world hunting, i don't see a big advantage of running simultaneous frequency's. The concept is great and its a good selling tool but, the real world application will likely not get me any more or better finds. I think the deciding factor for me will be real world depth comparisons, how each machine handles EMI and mineralization (Which machine can handle more diverse conditions) Ergonomics and the availability and cost of accessories.
Also, I already have the impact so, their would be little to no learning curve (a big advantage for me) with a Kruzer purchase, and that might be what it comes down to if everything else turns out to be equal.

Permit

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2017
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
well let me say first off i have no dog in this show......... we now hunt a Mojave which no matter what you read is not good on the beaches where i live. i should add i watched a video on YouTube where the Nox was pitted against a Deus and the Nox ate it up because of the multi frequency. The deus could find the same objects IF it was in the right frequency mode, when it was not it missed them totally...........to me that is the advantage and a huge one unless 1) you know what is under the soil of course, or 2) you want to go over the same ground twice or more times while you change frequency. See for yourself, it was posted by Calabash Digger.............

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes i saw that video within a few hours after he posted it. My question is not about the Deus. I am torn between the Kruzer and Nox and so far all i have seen is the nox and kurzer compared in salt water by the same person on different days. They both hit the same gold chain where other detectors struggle to pick up that same chain on dry land. More info will be posted as time goes on and i will lean one way or another depending on the validity of the tests

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not going to try and explain it here but simultaneous multi frequency has alot more going on than a selling tool. I have the ancient Sovereign and that still pulls all the goods at the beach.

Chub

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My double ancient Tesoro Cibola also loves gold at the beach. I need to wait a little more to buy something else. The grass turned green here overnight.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like I will finally have a couple of days of sunshine, so that the snow, standing water, and mud in all the fields here in the lower Hudson Valley will have a chance to dry a wee bit! I am going to try and head to the beach on Long Island, Saturday, with the Equinox and Multi-Kruzer. May the weather gods be with me! :laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to Culpeper before the monsters in the woods come out! Saw three newly turned fields here today. Field season here is almost over.

Terry, let us know how you make out.

Also Terry, can you do me a favor. Balance each machine on one finger to find the center point of gravity each with the lower shaft in it's middle position.

That will give me an idea of the ergonomics of the Kruzer. I don't anyone has done that before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a great day today to get the two machines into a Colonial era pasture. This is going to be good!:skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 241

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, with the Kruzer you will have to walk over the same part of a field/beach 3 times, using a diff' frequency at a time, coz being single frequency, you're gonna miss stuff.

Equinox = all at same time.... 1 walk/pass will do.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, with the Kruzer you will have to walk over the same part of a field/beach 3 times, using a diff' frequency at a time, coz being single frequency, you're gonna miss stuff.

Equinox = all at same time.... 1 walk/pass will do.

I can see FBS and IQ doing well in salt water and high mineralized ground.....but in light to moderate soils it has been said to have less of an advantage. When I buy a detector there are other things to consider besides depth. How well are the ergonomics, do I like the pinpointing options, screen layout, audio nuances. The equinox does have a few things I don't care for.....audio modulation on surface items for one, pinpointing that seems to vary for a lot of people, battery options.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just need the weather to cooperate. Woke up to this today! :dontknow:

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 238

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just need the weather to cooperate. Woke up to this today! :dontknow:

We caught the tail of that here, but beautiful 46 out now. I think I will take a long lunch and go to the club and find some battery money. Need the practice on the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions