Time for some experimental processing...

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
stuff.jpg

I finally got my 35% hydrogen peroxide in today so I'm pretty much ready to go. I'll be working to figure out the oxidation time using 7% H2O2, then chlorinate with 2M HCl with 20grams per liter of NaCl added. The chlorination will take about 48 hours. Then to introduce the carbon, let it sit for a bit. Once the gold is adsorbed to it, wash then incinerate. Smelt the ashes, see what she's got in her.

The photo below shows two different ores we're working with, both sulfide refractory ores. The red on the left we call "death" ore because the arsenopyrite almost killed my mining partner. The batch on the right is from our Green Mine. The death ore has good arsenopyrite in it, but you have to put a loupe to it to see it. The Green Mine ore, well, you can see that glitter on the washed piece in the container; it's got amazing amounts of arsenopyrite in it.

I'm sending both off for assay pretty dang soon.

asdf.jpg

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you done a fire Assay?

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your gonna burn your eye out. Good luck and keep me posted. Wifey torn a rotor cuff getting out of my truck so I'm kinda tied up right now.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
24 hours later and the Green Mine ore is still reacting. The Death ore was done last night.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
48 hours later, Green Mill ore is still producing gas from the reaction. I don't know what to think about this.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
48 hours later, Green Mill ore is still producing gas from the reaction. I don't know what to think about this.

Did you get a weight of the ore samples before you started? My guess would be it is might still reacting with the arsenopyrite or something else in the ore. An assay would give a better idea.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you get a weight of the ore samples before you started? My guess would be it is might still reacting with the arsenopyrite or something else in the ore. An assay would give a better idea.

I had the weight down to the gram. I need to go check it again, but at 72 hours it was still producing gas. There was copper at this mine, and there still is up the hill at the part of the vein that is relatively newly exposed. I don't think this sample had any in it though. Could be wrong.

If everything works out, it's probably going to need 3 days of agitation with H2O2 using that fluidized bed mixing.

Fire and full metals assay is coming next week.

Last edited:

kurtak

Nov 5, 2016
Central Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the weight down to the gram. I need to go check it again, but at 72 hours it was still producing gas. There was copper at this mine, and there still is up the hill at the part of the vein that is relatively newly exposed. I don't think this sample had any in it though. Could be wrong.

If everything works out, it's probably going to need 3 days of agitation with H2O2 using that fluidized bed mixing.

Fire and full metals assay is coming next week.

Just wondering if you got the assay results back on this ore yet ?

Kurt

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wondering if you got the assay results back on this ore yet ?

Kurt

No, I never did. I was going to get deeper into the pit and find the unworked ore to get a good sample of what potential there still is in it. I went out weekend before last and went down another few feet, widened the hole, and I'm still digging blown-in silt.

I'm fighting a cold now so I missed this past weekend and maybe this coming weekend too.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe the weight % of sulphide content was higher in one or, hence longer reaction times. Also, possibly some sulphides react more violently then others.
I know chalcopyrite forms a intense reaction with H2O2, due to copper I think.

Can you precipitate out the water-soluble metals after the oxidization? That's been on my mind for quite some time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread