time frame? needed --small sissors --english made -- thinking 1850 / 1860 photo

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
is says "ROUTLEDGE / BIRMINGHAM" on it thats all the markings on it -- the only thing I can find is that of ---coach makers -- wood planing tools --tools from england ---trying to put a time frame on this item. I'm thinking mid 1850 to civil war era time frame. the photo of it is a bit over sized to allow you to see the lettering --its like a small set of sissors (more modern sissors had screws and a threaded hole to hold them together )--these look like were hand forged and its held together by a post from the one side going thru a hole on the other side then being pounded flat --like a rivet head is done.

Attachments

• Scissors001.JPG
    Scissors001.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 386
  • Scissors001.JPG
    Scissors001.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
Re: time frame? needed --small sissors --english made -- thinking 1850 / 1860 p

lmao, looks like those cheap scissors we had back in elementary school (the ones that couldn't cut)..........Great Find though, :thumbsup:

I don't know the age....

Semper FI :sunny:

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
no these are high carbon hand forged steel -- made long ago in england (BIRMINGHAM) by the firm of ROUTLEDGE -- they have no screw but rather there is a post on the far side that goes thru a hole on the near side half and then the end of it was pounded flat --like a rivet to hold them together -- being high carbon they are very very sharp.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea whatsoever, but were they dug? They appear to be in wonderful condition. Hope they date back to the 1850's or better.

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
not dug found it a old home site burnt during civil war --deeop in woods --in florida

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread