time is right to harvest some 52.cal C.W lead

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was time to harvest some lead today .I got off work at 3:30pm and walked across the street to my new C.W site ..how convienant is that ? Oh forgot to mention after getting permission from the land owner of the house im working on to check out his yard when im done with the one across the street :laughing7: What luck ! So anyway I head on over checked the soil nice and moist from the weekend rain , set my favorite program to load on my xlt and went to swinging I found two dropped 52. cals in one hole then another, then another ,then another and I hit signal on the surface and said this is odd it was the same reading as the others so I moved one leaf and looky a .52 cal nice and green looking like it was ready to be harvested so I abliged it and took my knife and gently extracted it of course after I took a picture I felt it was a kodak moment just me my xlt and my little green bullet :headbang: . So far the count is 14 and with the melted lead halfs 16 ,all dropped so this tells me this place is either a C.W camp or some poor guy had holes in his pockets and showed up to the battle with no bullets . But im betting C.W camp ....

Oh does anyone have any review on the pinpointers from harbor frieght ?

Attachments

• sept 13th bulllet picking.jpg
    sept 13th bulllet picking.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 375
  • sept13th #2.jpg
    sept13th #2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 378
  • sept 13th #3.jpg
    sept 13th #3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used one for 2 years. Only problem I had was the momentary switch is for crap and I had to replace it. I recommend pay the couple of bucks for the "warranty" and you'll be happy with it.

Nice going on the CW stuff! Looks like a cool find in it's self!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice pile of lead,alway's welcome... :thumbsup:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Harbor Freights is good low end pinpointer. I have one and it works great. If you want a better one I would recommend the Garrett Propointer.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Sharps! Hunt that area good, there will be some buttons close by :icon_thumleft: :wink:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurehound said:
Nice finds. Harbor Freights is good low end pinpointer. I have one and it works great. If you want a better one I would recommend the Garrett Propointer.

They are a decent little probe. And inexpensive. More importantly, if you lose one, (and you will), it's not the end of the world.
I bought three, just for that reason.
I've left a full sized shovel at a site once.
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread