Time to add a new Forum?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This forum is titled "Treasure Legends". It is filled with an enormous amount of information regarding the listed treasure legends but none contain any real evidence or proven finds that authenticate the treasure in the legend.

Perhaps a new forum could be created such as, "Historical Treasure Finds" where hunters could post about their exploits in actually finding items as well as the proof of the finds.

This would possibly cut down on the bandwidth in one forum and add a section for proven finds that folks who want facts instead of stories could enjoy.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ooooo so it's actual proof you want?
proof that there was ever a treasure or of finding it?

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ooooo so it's actual proof you want?
proof that there was ever a treasure or of finding it?

Either as long as it's empirical proof. No long winded stories or fairy tales.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either as long as it's empirical proof. No long winded stories or fairy tales.

As for forum showing finds they already have one.

While I am not a treasure hunter and most likely never will be. I enjoy the yarns for what they are. I think you kind of undervalue many posts here. While in some posts I agree, one might need a strait jacket and rubber room to understand. ER... maybe a couple bottles of whiskey.... :-) There are others that have posted much information for free and gone to great lengths to post stuff. Ultimately its up to your own research skills to decide what interesting fact and what is assumption? Not be told or spoon fed this is "fact" etc...

Facts even presented in the most stringent scientific conditions can and does on occasion be found to be incorrect. Treasure legends and researching them will never be a perfect science. And even if you have some one post as per empirical proof. ( Thank you I learned something to day a term I did no know) There will always be some one there to dispute that. So for me and I do not speak for anyone else I do no see a point in new Forum.

Mal

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Treasure legends and researching them will never be a perfect science. And even if you have some one post as per empirical proof. ( Thank you I learned something to day a term I did no know) There will always be some one there to dispute that...

Disputes lead to complaints which lead to...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread