time to sale your diamonds?

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
If investment diamonds are not extraordinary in some way, or have some historical ties, they're not worth much at all and never will be. The perceived value of natural diamonds, as well as their availability, has been manipulated by the diamond cartel for about 100 years. Scientists can now grow perfect diamonds in the laboratory - even ones made from your dead relative or pet. Check the pawn shops for a diamond if you want one, offer the guy 1/2 the price he has it listed for and you'll probably get it. If you're waiting for your diamond finds to go up in value you should sell them, in my opinion.

I'll be watching this out of curiosity, but it won't change my life one iota. Just remember that "Diamonds are Forever" because they have no resale value.

My references:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1982/02/have-you-ever-tried-to-sell-a-diamond/4575/
http://www.lifegem.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_diamond

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
So true batcap. Just ask any Jeweller. They will buy a gold ring off you but if it has a mediocre (small) diamond they won't want it as they are worth zilch.

The Cat

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Personally, I think there is more beauty in a nice emerald or ruby than diamonds. A beautiful opal can't be beaten and there is a ready market in Asia for them.

The Cat

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Rocksforbrainz said:
What about other gemstones?

I'm no expert, I just found that Atlantic article fascinating and remembered it. The value of anything is determined by supply and demand. With diamonds the supply side is (was) tightly controlled as the demand is manipulated via advertising and propaganda(Blood Diamonds!).

In Holland a hundred years ago, people traded real estate for tulip bulbs. Today, I wouldn't trade a can of tuna for a tulip bulb.

Until the 1800's, amethyst was a precious stone; then they found a lot of it in Brazil. That's the problem the diamond cartel is dealing with in Zimbabwe.

If only someone would invent a wonderful device that uses rubies and sapphires to operate, and that everyone needs to survive 2012. :wink:

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Wildcat said:
Personally, I think there is more beauty in a nice emerald or ruby than diamonds. A beautiful opal can't be beaten and there is a ready market in Asia for them.

The Cat

I'm a sucker for a star sapphire, I don't own one.

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Perhaps I should have added sapphires to the list. lol Not too many other gemstones interest me. I am a gold nugget man myself.

Some folks may wonder what you are talking about batcap when you mention 2012. I look forward to maybe some evolutionary changes. There are lots of extraordinary things going on now that most folk are unaware of. Bring it on. This world needs change. Free energy, free houshold power, free vehicle energy systems have been around for 100 years, but the cartels can't make any money from it, they can't control it, so they won't allow it. Check. Over 700 free energy patents have been frozen. Instead they let BP and Exxon etc destroy the planet.

Here is some proof. These guys were bought out for $30,000,000.

http://www.itwillpass.com/facts_free_energy_lutec_1000.shtml
http://www.lutec.com.au/index.htm

Another interesting point batcap. If you do plenty of research, you will find that the quartz crystal plays a large part in anti gravity. Nice to have some of them lying around.

I won't be commenting further as it is a controversial subject. I am already on blood pressure tablets.......

The Cat

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I gave up diamonds after the one I got for HER.
Emeralds and silver are my faves.
Well, gold too but I quit buying coins and started prospecting.
Grey

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Wildcat said:
Perhaps I should have added sapphires to the list. lol Not too many other gemstones interest me. I am a gold nugget man myself.

<Snipped out by batcap>

I won't be commenting further as it is a controversial subject. I am already on blood pressure tablets.......

The Cat

Just simmer down now, hear? I'm not making any special preparations for 2012, other than a small contribution to the DNC. Wildcat, you caught my original meaning but let's leave that for another forum on another web site.

And greydigger - I wish I had a "her" worth a rock. I'm looking at buying some coins at auction tomorrow; they have six Silver Eagles. I won't pay full silver value + 15% buyer's fee + MD state tax. Someone else probably will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread