TimeSaver is back and save history and fines his oldest stuff ever !

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
garrett ATPRO garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well 1 1/2 yrs ago i got my first metal detector . I got hooked by watching youtube and watching what people find in the ground and then came the show diggers . It got me thinking I would love to do that .So I told my wife I want to get a metal detector and she was like WHATTT!!! thats a waste of money and your time and beside what you see on that show diggers, they get pay by that metal detecting company to travel and the history channel gets them all those old places to dig and you will never get to dig places like that and fine old stuff like that. Wellllll, she said go ahead and get one but it will be a waste. So i did i bought an atpro and that summer i found a 1898 coin 4 gold rings a few silver and bout $100 bucks in clad a few toy cars ,boy scout neck ties .SO summer is over and winter is here and wife says you did pretty good with the metal detector i guess it was worth the money.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: Now as i sat all winter kept thinking how in the world can i ever beat finding something older then a 1898 coin. So i started to think to myself why did i find that old coin there and the light came on ..you dumb a_ _ you made a rookie move and didn't think about going back and maybe there be more... so this summer i went back and it has been paying me big.Found a 1798 coin and a coin from what me and wife could see and go by is between 1862 to 1873. I believe its a 5 cent piece by what markings would could see. So as i dig, i keep finding these little buttons and one large one, an old oil lamp top,some red clay pot pieces some musket balls some old copper which turn out to be a pot .So i thought i wonder how old this stuff really is ???? So i told my friend i was going to the historical people in Stroudsburg, he goes aren't you going to go to jail for digging stuff up older then a hundred years old. so made me think should I ??? I thought well if i go to jail to share what i fine and hand it over to show others its worth it . So i went there show them and and ask im i going to jail for digging this up and how old is this .:metaldetector::blackbeard: the man said no and why do you think you were going to jail? so i told him what my friend said he laughed . So he goes let me have a look at what you have. He looks at what i have and told me i found a pre colonial site ...i go WHATTTT o **** I'm going to jail now . He goes no lol . He ask me were i got it i tell him where in the county and he tells me ever township has a historical society. so he calls the township and i have to go see them . Well i show them were i found this site at and now i have to meet with the township supervisors on the 5th of next month . the ladies took the stuff and told me they were going to get a glass case to show people my finds and they are giving me recognition of them and most likey she said they are going to have me help dig more stuff up at the site and said they have a few more old sites they like me to help with .Now my wife thinks its the coolest thing i ever did and it was well worth the money i spent . As soon as i can, I will upload the pics of the stuff and the old coins. P.S I went out today and found myself a nice 1944 walking liberty and its super nice. i will up load that pic with the other ones. 142.JPG 143.JPG 144.JPG 146.JPG 147.JPG 148.JPG 149.JPG 150.JPG 151.JPG 152.JPG 153.JPG 154.JPG 155.JPG 156.JPG 158.JPG 159.JPG

Last edited:

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome story I would love to be in your shoes bro keep digging and turning up the history of the area

OP
OP
TimeSaver

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story I would love to be in your shoes bro keep digging and turning up the history of the area

thanx monte my shoe size not to big but i will keep swinging and digging :)
\

Metal Monkey

Apr 19, 2014
Greencastle, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your story sounds exactly like mine, except the wife still thinks I wasted my money. I think the only way she would be happy was if I brought home a gold bar or something. Anyway, that's pretty cool all the stuff you found. My buddy and I donate anything we find, that's related or significant to the town or area, to the local museums or historical societies. It's a way for people, especially kids, to learn about history, since they don't teach it in school anymore.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really enjoyed reading your story. I respect your enthusiasm and honesty. It was also nice to hear of how the historical society responded. Way to go, man!!

OP
OP
TimeSaver

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your story sounds exactly like mine, except the wife still thinks I wasted my money. I think the only way she would be happy was if I brought home a gold bar or something. Anyway, that's pretty cool all the stuff you found. My buddy and I donate anything we find, that's related or significant to the town or area, to the local museums or historical societies. It's a way for people, especially kids, to learn about history, since they don't teach it in school anymore.
Well i hope you find a gold bar to make the wife happy or keep swinging maybe a nice gold ring will pop up and she be happy with that :laughing7::laughing7:.But i believe that when we find old history stuff it should go back to that town or township so they can show other's the past and how it was . some time it pays off .

OP
OP
TimeSaver

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Z.K it means alot hearing that from another member.Yes i thought it was very nice of them to. HH and gl

Metal Monkey

Apr 19, 2014
Greencastle, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, how did you stumble across this place? Is it a park, or a place that has some kind of significance, that made you want to hunt there?

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timesaver , your friend was justified in his warning to you . I joined my local society and purchased Many books to brush up on local history . Years later I mentioned I metal detect. They then treated me like a Felon .

OP
OP
TimeSaver

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, how did you stumble across this place? Is it a park, or a place that has some kind of significance, that made you want to hunt there?

Well my friends dad told me about this small field that had a old house on it when he was a boy and before the old house was there, it had a old home stead .Which i had no clue was there . Now the township own's the land .And that how that came about. And when i look at land today i use www historicaerials. com to look at land as far back as it lets me. and it show me a a house on it . But where:icon_thumright: the house was i didnt find the stuff in that spot.

OP
OP
TimeSaver

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timesaver , your friend was justified in his warning to you . I joined my local society and purchased Many books to brush up on local history . Years later I mentioned I metal detect. They then treated me like a Felon .

I'm no felon by no means just like to do the right thing and share our history with every one.but i can't say XLTer i wasn't worry about going to jail over it . I don't want to meet BUBBA!!!! in jail either :laughing7::laughing7::BangHead::nono::nono:

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, and some great saves! Glad you didn't let your wife deter you from buying your detector. NEPA has a lot of stuff to offer, as long as you put the effort in. Awesome job finding that spot.

OP
OP
TimeSaver

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanx NEPA-WILL yeah i'm glad i bought my metal detector keeps me busy when i'm bored . PA has alot to find just got to put in the time and when you think it will be a bad spot it might just be your best spot. Happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread