Tiny Sterling Earring From a Very Rainy Hunt.......

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All day today I was dying to get back to the spot where I found the gold ring yesterday. But, by the time I left work it had begun to drizzle. By the time I got there it was raining steady but not too hard.

So, I wrapped a Zip-Lock around my control box with a rubber band, put on a hoodie and started swinging. As usual, I dug some pull tabs and other trash as well as one copper penny. I got a high but faint, slightly broken, slightly bouncy hit. It was bouncing between 78 and 81. that could mean another Zincoln or silver on my machine.

Well, it turned out to be silver but just a little bit. About three inches down I found a tiny hoop earring........

Sterling Earring Sept. 29, 2015 001.JPG

Like I said, it's really small but it's a little more silver so I'm happy. Any hunt where silver shows up is a good one in my book; no matter how small.
I figured it was silver but double checked it when I got home just to be sure and sure enough, the piece that actually goes through the ear is marked "Sterling".
I tried to take a close up of the mark but it's so small I don't believe I got it.

Sterling Earring Sept. 29, 2015 002.JPG

I hunted a while longer but the rain got heavier and heavier. It was getting dark and I was soaking wet so I packed it in for the night. It's supposed to rain all night and tomorrow. I wanna' get back to that spot and really hit it hard when the weather gets better and when the ground is still damp.

That's about it. It was short hunt but at least I didn't walk away empty handed.
Thanks for looking and HH to all........

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling the earring, it's always nice to pull a keeper during a hunt.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going on the ear ring. Hopefully this rain gets deep enough to give up more!

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going on the ear ring. Hopefully this rain gets deep enough to give up more!

I think it will. It poured all night here and it's still coming down.

I love hunting after a good rain. Things just seem to jump under the coil.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
STERLING FIND ,,, PRICELESS ........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread